Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

OK You wonder why I say this. It's coincidence I brought up the filter conversation. But as said, I have always had the filters on my mind. Well today, I found the cause of my woes with injectors.

This is what my setup looks like.

I still didn't get my truck started. But I thought I would drain the filters again just to be sure. This time I got a stream of rust out of the air dog water separator. Time to investigate. I took the filter down and found this. Oh Oh

Then I looked at the pump and found the tube in the pump rusty too. Makes me wonder what else rusted in there.

Then I took down the 2nd filter and drained that and found more rust in the element and in the bottom of the trap. The rust from the Air Dog contaminated the 2nd filter. The rust wipes off #2.

It ticks me off because I drain these all the time and change them twice a year. If the tube rusted, it makes me wonder what else is rusting inside the pump. Logic would say to use the manufacturers product, but I have always questioned it with them. My instincts were right all along.

First thing I need to do is get this running. When Alex and I were laser reading the exhaust manifold, there was as much as a 30 degree difference between the cylinders. Top temp at the time was 160*. 20% is significant. Some of those injectors only have 5000 miles on them

I sent an email to my lawyer. This is not right. This means we bought this for extra protection and it's costing us money. I want all the money back spent the last year. And here we are chasing an ECU

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Polaraco; 10-14-2012 at 06:09 PM.

2. Thanks K-Sons thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

That sucks and I am sorry to hear that.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

And we drained them yesterday. A fuel issue was not something i would have thought about.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That really sucks!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

well that's nasty never had any dealing with airdog yet most of the people I deal with go with fass

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    well that's nasty never had any dealing with airdog yet most of the people I deal with go with fass
    I need to replace this now. I smell lawsuit. Biggest mistake Air Dog will have is pi$$en me off. Polaraco is well known around the diesel world.

I am going to be looking into the FASS, but going to be scrutinizing what it is made of. Keep ya in mind. As a matter of fact, if you can get me the materials they are constructed of, you got an order.

Right now I need to get these filters off. I put my last one in. I also need to replace this one too. But i want ones that won't rust

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

they will just say u never changed them steve ,,,,LOL

but ya i seen that with my airdog filters in the demon man ,,thats why i went to fleetgaurd and never had that issue cause they use s/s for there filters and thats why there more exp,,,and airdog/fass are the same company pretty much ,,same concept same family members ,,,fluck them up stevey

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

MESSAGE SENT TO TRUE FLOW

TAKE NOTICE

Gentlemen.
    Be advised all communications on the matter will be done is writing.

I have an AD 2 on a 2008 Dodge 2500, Cummins. I have been doing mechanics for over 40 years and darn good at it. I am very tenacious about preventative maintenance
    Your filters and separator rusted and contaminated my injectors, killing all 6. I have been chasing my tail on this for the last year and have replaced 4 already. It was thought it was an ECU problem which did not resolve the problem. Now I have lost 2 more, and possibly 3. The truck has been down for 2 months. But sitting with a full tank. A minimal amount of water was removed. This is the third time in 10,000 miles and a year. It's cost me 5000 so far and now I have to send it out again.

I have the rusted fuel filters, the really rusty separator, the pump with the rusty tube. I also have rust laden fuel samples.

These things are supposed to protect our injectors. But the materials used are sub grade. They should not internally rust at any time no matter what. The only saving grace is I had a 2nd Fleetguard filter/separator which got clogged with rust in 5 months and less than 5000 miles. There are no excuses for this.

I have contacted an attorney regarding this matter. George Johnson Esq, 33 West Blackwell Street, Dover NJ 07885

I have not yet calculated the damages as this will have to be sent to a shop for repair again. I am advising you in advance a settlement is going to be sought. Not to mention the down time I have suffered.

Ball is in your court. I will not tolerate any fooling around with this. I am very focused.

I will be expecting a reply from you within 48 hours.

Thank you

Last edited by Polaraco; 10-15-2012 at 01:19 AM.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diggerdave View Post
    they will just say u never changed them steve ,,,,LOL

but ya i seen that with my airdog filters in the demon man ,,thats why i went to fleetgaurd and never had that issue cause they use s/s for there filters and thats why there more exp,,,and airdog/fass are the same company pretty much ,,same concept same family members ,,,fluck them up stevey
    Dave The filters are date coded. They read 9 2011. They have record it was installed in 2009. They warrantied my AD1

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation dodgeram082500's Avatar

User Info Menu

good lord thats no good Glad I use FASS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast