Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

yur front filter is s/s its a cat ,,,thats what they use

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

hence why i use flletgaurd

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Well the plot thickens.

I talked to a fleetguard distributor today and ordered the replacement air dog filters. Thanks Davert. It seems that Air Dog originally had Fleet Guard make their OEM filters. But they changed vendors, twice since. The 2nd one was short lived apparently. That could be the vintage of this lot I bought in 2011 from James. I just used my last air dog filter. But I have the fleetguards on the way. I still have to buy the CAT filter replacement. He's getting the cross reference

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Alex

This came from the AD filter

I know what the black stuff is. It's algae. The red stuff is the problem.

This tank was not treated because the truck went down not long after the fill. So the Algae had tome to grow with the moisture.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

One thing leading to the next....

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #36
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Airdog had a issue with filters rusting in a couple lots because of the types of metals used, change them and go on with your life, the threats I think are over the top, I think you would of gotten further ahead by asking airdog themselves what's going on,

7. Likes 1JP liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I did. I was in lengthy discussions with them. They're the ones driving me to a law suit. I tried to settle quietly. All I wanted was reimbersment for the damage, which they are insured for.

I am afraid I don't have a choice. I spent 10K in a year on this and the troubles started when I went to this batch.

9. Top Of Page | #38
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've run an Air Dog for years now. No rust, no algae, no water, no problems.

My buddy had an 04.5 and started having issues with water in the fuel system. Turned out he didn't get a vent tube properly back on and was getting water in the tank every time it rained.

10. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Water is not the problem. There wasn't that much in there

They are still not supposed to rust

11. Top Of Page | #40
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So, fuel causes the rust?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast