Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

LOL u get'm steve,,i osted the filter numbers in the fuel filter thread

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

ya they warrentyd and updated my 150 to the 165 also luke

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

Yea let me know about fass because I was gunna go airdog

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That sucks Steve!

I have an Airdog 150 in my 08 truck. Never seen any rust yet. Rust would indicate a deeper problem though...water in your fuel supply. Maybe you should also go after your fuel supplier. I try and use the same place for my fuel needs. I trust that my supplier takes care of the fuel that they sell. That being said I have religiously drained my water seperator into a jug every fuel up. So far I have not found any signs of water in my fuel...in any of my diesel powered equipment. When I purchased filter replacements I got Fleetgaurd ones. They looked identicle to the stock ones although I went with a finer filtration on the secondary filter than stock. The only problem I have had is fuel gelling in the filters when it was extremely cold...truck quit for a moment but started right back up after I dumped my hot coffee onto the filters.

Hopefully you can figure out where the water is getting into your tank...that reminds me that the fuel vents can let water into the tank under some situations. Something else for you to check. One can build a safer vent setup with some plastic hose, one way vent and a tee...just route the hose to somewhere high and dry under your truck. Good luck Steve!

5. Likes 1JP liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'd say you have a problem don't know what the cause is but you are getting some serious water in your system. In the last 7 years with 7 diesel vehicles I have never seen that kind of water damage inside a fuel system. Never seen enough water get into a fuel system to cause that much damage. Most fuel stations have water separation built in for their diesel and its pretty rare you see more than a thimble full hit your filter. On a rare occasion I have seen a station get mass amounts of water which could be the case but its pretty rare. You can generally follow the line of broken down diesels to the station to. In which case the station would be responsible for the damages.

If you didn't get the water from the source then something in your fuel system is causing condensation and a lot of it. Whether it be the little magic green mileage boosting device or something in your riser set up coming out of the tank. If the Air Dog were causing that kind of condensation they would be out of business already.

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Glad I didnt buy an airdog yet... That sucks and is a huge headache dude

8. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I don't believe that the Airdog is your problem...water in your fuel is the problem. How and why it got in there is where I would be looking at this point.

9. Likes 1JP liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18
    Permanent Vacation dodgeram082500's Avatar

User Info Menu

X2 on fuel but also check for debris

11. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Good to see ya stew.

12. Thanks Rockwerx thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

THERE WASN'T THAT MUCH WATER! SHEEESH

No matter how you look at it, they never should have rusted that bad. Regardless to how much water. The 2nd filter didn't. That's a CAT/FleetGuard

There might have been 2 ounces of water from both filters when drained 2 days in a row. There was lots of rust. I saved the fuel from both drains. used a bucket to catch it all. I've been seeing rust from the water separator all along.

I hadn't drained the filters in 2 months because the truck has been down. 6 weeks it spent sitting at the dealer. That little bit of water shouldn't have done that much damage. A couple of ounces is nothing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast