Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift Pump

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lift Pump

I have an 02 24 valve that I use for a farm truck to feed in ect. Picked it up for next to nothing. Long story short loaned it to my nephew because his truck was broken. He ran it down below 1/2 tank. The line has a hole in it and you have to keep it above 1/2 tank or it sucks air. I have never gotten around to fixing it (this is the reason I got it really cheap guy thought it was trashed).

The VP pump seems to be working ok I can get the truck to start and idle. It will idle fine for ever. When I drive it it's blowing the relay on the lift pump. Stuff goes downhill from there quickly. Does it need a new lift pump or could have the line on the riser have blown out worse and be making it still suck air. I don't really want to spend another 300 dollars for a ddr pump but I have no desire to drop the tank either. It's not pressing as I also have an 07.5 6.7 that I drive every day and it can do all the towing an hauling I need done.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

If I am reading this right. . . . (Mentally impaired)

The current will go down if there is a vacuum leak, so the fuse should not blow. The fuse will go if 1. the pump is bad, 2 bad wiring, 3. bad connections on the pump. 4. Pressure too high

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not a fuse it's a relay. Keeps sticking open so the pump doesn't get power.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I assume you replaced it

Check the harness for corrosion. Try to isolate the ground and reground

Told ya my reading and comprehension was shot

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Course I did that's all you can do with a bad relay. I was hoping it may just be over heating the pump a little because it may still be sucking some air.

Thanks Steve now your gonna make me pull that damn harness to. It couldn't be in any worse of a spot I can barley get two fingers on it. It's stupid tight in there.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

if u plan on keeping the truck i would highly recommend after market lift pump, the stocker starves the vp. Check the harness and ground wire like polaraco said.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It has a DDP on it right now. I'm gonna start at the tank and fix the hole in my riser then start looking at the wiring.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

sounds good ,,keep ua posted brosky

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

who made your lift pump?

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's a Fass DDP. Stands for Direct Dodge Replacement. Has a better flow rate than the stock pump and is supposed to be more reliable. As the name explains it a direct replacement mounts in place of the stock pump and uses the stock wiring. No mods necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast