Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Help? On bumper

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help? On bumper

Alright so I'm trying to take my front bumper off my 2002 it's a stock chrome bumper I'm trying to take it off and the inside bolts that hookup to the frame it's like they made up a new bolt size I can't get it off not get a crescent wrench on it or anything

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I think they are 17 or 19 MM heads on the bracket to frame. It's allot of metric. You'll find a mix on that truck so you need both types of wrenches.

NEVER USE and adjustable. It makes a real mess out of the heads of the bolts. If the bolt has been loosened before, you have a better chance. But virgin from the factory? Wasting your time. Use the right tools. Even a Wall Mart wrench in a pinch.

Just saving you allot of grief and aggravation later.

Love Dad

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

hahah well that's the thing is I brought my metric and standard impact sockets home tried em both out and its somewhere between 13-15 millimeter and like 9/16 -3/4 all of em either too small or too big. the outer ones I could fit a 3/4 on but the inside ones are smaller idk I might try and get one of those gator sockets or something or ill break out the torch and just put new bolts in there

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Try a 16MM But pretty odd. Why not take the brackets off the frame with the bumper attached and work them that way.

What you're saying makes no sense

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, turboguy327 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

they do a make a 14mm

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the reason I couldn get it off was because I was trying to take it off from the wrong side.............................................. ..............................

I feel like a complete *** ha. but I didn know and for anyone else who doesn know which it was probably only me....But some bolts have these weird shaped washers that the"nut" is formed with and will not turn...... you have to take it off the other side so ya

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

LOL I forgot to tell you about that