Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yet another build thread

1. Top Of Page | #41
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Mmmkay, looks like there are some more A1000 install pics to share

Since I was planning on using a sump to supply the A1000, I hunted on the classifieds until I scored an older style bdp sump. To drain the tank I used a transfer tank on the farm and hooked the leads up backwards so it sucked out of the nozzle

This worked amazingly well and only left a couple drops in the tank. I then drilled the tank for the dump with a holesaw I had on hand. I think it was a 2-3/4. The tanks are much thicker than I realized and are lined separately from the outer black plastic. This alleviated my fears of the tank sump not being durable.

To seal the sump, bdp recommended permatex 'right stuff'. I used that as a gasket and it has not leaked a drop in 2 years.

2. Top Of Page | #42
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I then mounted the pump setup up to the truck and finished fabricating the brackets

The pump and filters fit very well with the custom made brackets

3. Top Of Page | #43
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Since the transmission and transfer case were removed during this install, I only had my best guess as to if the pump would clear the t-case. I was expecting to have to remove the pump bracket to install the t-case. Fortunately, when the time came to install the t-case I found that there was sufficient clearance to easily install and remove the t-case with the fuel system in place

4. Top Of Page | #44
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

After putting the fuel system mostly in, it sat until later November 2013 as school started and fall is one of my busiest times at work, so weeks were spent in school and weekends I was back home working. When work finally slowed down I pulled it out of storage to start working on a new exhaust and shifter, as well as finishing up the fuel system

In October I started the tear down of the 47re

I assembled clutch packs, input installed in its clutch pack, valvebody put together with the transgo tfod-3 manual shift kit, and bought a reman DPC triple disk

Clutch packs were upgraded similarly to bigblue24V's upgrade thread on compD. Forward pack had 5 clutches and steels, direct pack had 6 clutches and steels, and a billet piston. overdrive was relatively stock, with alto red eagle abd kolene steels that came in my trans.

Trans disassembled

Cat racing flex plate

Burnt clutch pack I found in the trans

How-to: 2nd gear lockup

5. Top Of Page | #45
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Earlier in the year I bought 2 5" 90* bends a cut them into 4 45s. I then cut 2 of them along the midline at an angle and welded them together to make a downward angled y-pipe/exhaust divider.
    It's a little rough due to me improperly cutting one half of it, and having to weld in 'patches' to fix it.

I then finished making a set of even dual tailpipes off the y using the other 2 bends.

6. Top Of Page | #46
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yet another build thread

I then set about mounting them. I took LOTS of measurements

7. Top Of Page | #47
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Welded the front and rear hangers to the tailpipe, and the front hangers to the frame. Put the box back on to check how everything lined up

Played with some fapfapfap caps (flapper caps) for a giggle

8. Top Of Page | #48
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Everything lined up great, so I pulled the bed to weld the rear hangers and paint the tailpipe. Here are the pics of the finished product

9. Top Of Page | #49
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Here are some videos to show the sound of the exhaust
    DISCLAIMER: driving videos recorded at a later date
    Revs

Little in gear lope

Good driving sound

10. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #50
    Permanent Vacation Dale's Super Store's Avatar

User Info Menu

@chrisd91 nice build you got going there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345