Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help !!!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Need some help !!!

I have a 98.5 truck was running smooth replaced a.c. compressor and not when I give the truck throttle it wasn't to floor it self then cuts back,press the gas again and the Sami thing it goes full throttle then cuts back. Need some wisdom.. I have already cleaned battery terminals checked connections tried to reset computer by taking off positive terminals and cleared codes with a scanner and no change.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9824v View Post
    I have a 98.5 truck was running smooth replaced a.c. compressor and not when I give the truck throttle it wasn't to floor it self then cuts back,press the gas again and the Sami thing it goes full throttle then cuts back. Need some wisdom.. I have already cleaned battery terminals checked connections tried to reset computer by taking off positive terminals and cleared codes with a scanner and no change.

Let me get this right. You replaced the AC compressor and now the truck wants to run away for a second?

Disconnect the compressor and see what happens. There isn't allot of woring down there, but you didn't by chance pinch some did you?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not right after replacement. But I just drove in on the highway and as long as I give it throttle it runs fine once I let off the throttle it kicks and if you try to stay a certain speed it throttles then kicks back like if I took my foot off the throttle

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not right after replacement. But I just drove in on the highway and as long as I give it throttle it runs fine once I let off the throttle it kicks and if you try to stay a certain speed it throttles then kicks back like if I took my foot off the throttle

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9824v View Post
    98.5 is a VP44? I forget. Or is that still a 12 valve

Make sure your lift bump is working

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Vp44 24v

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Airdog fuel pump,heater grid deleted ,silencer ring taken out are my only modifications

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Air Dog Yuk

I'm not the VP44 Guru. @Canadiandiesel or @AccurateDiesel are your best bets. Since they are tagged, they will chime in

9. Top Of Page | #9
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Tps is acting up

Tps= throttle position switch

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL it's lasted me I think it was one of the first ones that don't catch fire.. the airdog not my truck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast