Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On the hunt for power! need some advice

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

What size injectors do you recommend to not have an idle haze? @Canadiandiesel

2. Top Of Page | #12
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

7x.011 I was thinking but you posted it already

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

what size injectors do you recommend? @Canadiandiesel

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Sorry for the doube post. Well thanks for the advice @Canadiandiesel. I'm going to get busy on some parts orders

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Just take your time and do not rush the build

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

With the new adjustment that came out for the p pump you think I can daily drive a truck like that? Being able to tune the AFC from the cab? @Canadiandiesel

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I've seen it and always wondered why it wasn't done till now, but I do not see a issue with it. Just make sure you adjust it while at idle not trying to race.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

On the hunt for power! need some advice

You're not going to hit 800hp with 7x.011s and a VP. Then again, no injector will get you to 800hp on fuel with an SOVP. 700 is an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    With the new adjustment that came out for the p pump you think I can daily drive a truck like that? Being able to tune the AFC from the cab? @Canadiandiesel
    You can tune an 800hp p pumped truck with smaller compounds like you are going with to be perfectly fine as a DD without the spendy in cab adjuster. Biggest thing will be selecting DVs and some trail and error with AFC tuning to clean up the smoke.

I'm actually going for the same power goal on my 24V. I have a benched 180hp p pump, 7mm DVs, and 5x.018 injectors that I will be using with a fmw 62/68/.83 on a gated steed manifold with a 45mm turbosmart external wastegate and a billet S480/96/1.10. With a different injector this would be good for a relatively clean 800hp. I'd say a 7x.012 or 7x.013 should get you to 800 easily. These trucks seem to like 6x.013s also

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

You will not be able to daily drive a 6x .013 or a 6 x.012 too much idle haze

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    You will not be able to daily drive a 6x .013 or a 6 x.012 too much idle haze
    I completely disagree. If you get the smaller SAC nozzle it's pretty minimal. The larger SAC nozzle hazes a lot more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast