Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filtration for the common rail. The debate begins

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

wasn't there a fleetguard direct replacement for the air dog?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

yes sir ..... i'll get you a number steve......same with the water sep filter

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    For the benefit of a brain damaged old man, what is the bottom line?
    The Fass filter's on a multipass design as noted in the reply from fass. If I remember right the air dog works the same way. So until it has blown all the fuel in the tank through the filter twice it's not achieving the optimum advertised filter rate. It would affect the fuel quality for about the first 15 minutes after a fill up if I remember and understand it correctly. After that the fuel quality will continue to improve for the rest of the tank.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

haha the fuel quality haha ,,,it gets pumped in the ust filtered ,then filtered again before it goes in yur truck then filtered again and again ...while in the tank through ad/fass i'd say its pretty clean ,,LOL

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcdebol View Post
    The Fass filter's on a multipass design as noted in the reply from fass. If I remember right the air dog works the same way. So until it has blown all the fuel in the tank through the filter twice it's not achieving the optimum advertised filter rate. It would affect the fuel quality for about the first 15 minutes after a fill up if I remember and understand it correctly. After that the fuel quality will continue to improve for the rest of the tank.
    That used to be true on the AD1 Eric. I liked that where is scrubbed and scrubbed. But AD tells me that is not the case with the AD2. Only a small percentage is recycled. It's been a while, but it seems to me they reduced the return line sizr to 1/4" on the AD2

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Do you find it strange that neither airdog nor fass publish ISO sheets for their water separation and filtration. Airdog is proud of there ISO rating for removing air and publish that but not how much water and dirt they remove. Think about it.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcdebol View Post
    Do you find it strange that neither airdog nor fass publish ISO sheets for their water separation and filtration. Airdog is proud of there ISO rating for removing air and publish that but not how much water and dirt they remove. Think about it.
    Every time I change the filters. That's why I want to change them to something better. It also makes me glad I have a second filter separator in line after the AD. I change #2 on every third AD change, But both capture a fair amount of water. My draw straw is a bottom sucker. so I get more water than average. I rather it in the drain bucket than in the tank

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

yur still running the straw steve ,,thought you would have changed that to the sump by now

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fuel Filtration for the common rail. The debate begins

I have a fass lift pump not filters just the pump I'm still using the stock fuel filter on my common rail I just have a afe filter in the canister I haven't notice any thing bad with what I got

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I really went with this to make the filter change easier and get better separation of water

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast