Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 04 Sniff Sniff

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

My 04 Sniff Sniff

Many of you know I work for a dealer part time.

I was out in the shop today and started a chat with one of the mechanics. I'm under a truck hanging on the center link chatting while he was preparing to drop the trans.

I suddenly noticed some brackets I made to lower the running board on the passenger fro my wife. What the. . . . Then I saw the remote filter setup that was pretty beat up. Wait a minute. . ..

Stepped back and looked and saw the distinct stainless wheel opening moldings. THAT WAS MY TRUCK! The trans finally died at 160K. Looking at the pan it looked like it imploded.

Looked pretty straight but the rear quarters went quick. I saw it 2 years ago and it looked perfect. Tech said the interior is pristine

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Trans carnage pics? Bummer to hear

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nahhh I was too far from my truck to get the camera.

The OD snap ring was in there, a pile of clutch material and possibly pieces of the friction metal disc. Bronze, looked like a couple of pieces of thrust washer, And something that looked like a retainer pin from a planetary. It was wiped out. And they said the guy drove it in there! Forward drum was all scored up from the band being worn out.

This is the third owner of this truck. The second owner works as a mechanic in a gas station near by. Henry. We often chatted about the truck. He took real good care of it. When I traded it in, he was waiting for me at the dealership to pick it up. LOL When I saw it last year, it looked almost new. Now? The present owner doesn't respect it

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I always enjoy spotting one of my old vehicles around town. what people do with them make my head spin sometimes

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeseven View Post
    I always enjoy spotting one of my old vehicles around town. what people do with them make my head spin sometimes
    I saw my fummins the other day. Talk about making your head spin. That truck looks like brand new now.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've never sold one of my vehicles, and can't really imagine doing so LOL

8. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

yup only one of three of mine ever left alive

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    yup only one of three of mine ever left alive
    After you owned it, nobody would want it. LOL

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

LOL most are scrap after I am done with them

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    LOL most are scrap after I am done with them
    How long does that take? A week? Two???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast