Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #41
    Thanks All! Should have a great running truck with a good exhaust note to it this weekend!.

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Hey guys. Post up some fuel mileage numbers. Lots of folks asking on how the Ultra is doing with this.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

18.75 hand calculated. Evic says 21-22. 3500 ccsb. Srw, leveled turning 35s

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks DRD, Power247, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

One other really nice thing about the RaceMe Ultra is the fail/safty features that I have stumbled upon. One time doing my first update after my initial install I did not realize my unlock cable had came unplugged. After getting an error trying to program, I'm just not smart enough to ask for help with why I'm getting an error, and I'm the kinda guy that needs to try everything right or wrong first. In my defence one of the first things I checked was the unlock cable. But I checked under the hood and all was good. I never checked it at the dongle under the dash, which was where it accidently had came unplugged. So long story short I tried several things with the ultra that eventually led me to an ecm recovery to stock. Um ok. Led me twice to an ecm recovery to stock. Sounds scary huh? Actually that feature works really well. When I found the problem was what I thought with the unlock cable in the beginning, (just on the other end of LOL), I felt pretty dumb. However finding out the hard way that the safty features work great was nice to know. Also just this last week I went to load the trans line pressure update. My truck had been sitting for a few days, but in those days I probably moved it 5 or 6 times. Driveway to street, so on, and never running for more than 30 seconds. So I walk out with this update and realize my truck is in the way of something yet again and start it up to move it first. So I install the firmware, pick all my options, and hit program. A message pops up that says battery voltage low! Connect a charger or drive truck for a bit is recommended. Or continue to program at your own risk. I guess all the short start and runs from moving the truck out of the way all weekend was the reason voltage was low. I choose to drive the truck for a bit. It's common knowledge to most to have good voltage for a program. But I've ran many different tuners over the year and have never had one tell me voltage is low. This is a great feature! Great unit!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45
    Guys I am doing more reading in preparation for the upcoming install, hopefully I can ask on this thread:

1. it looks like I can disconnect the 4 wiring plugs related to the EGR once I have installed the tuner?
    2. Do I need to disconnect the wiring plug to the throttle valve?
    3. when I connect tuner for the first time, nothing is altered from stock, once tuner is successfully installed i can unplug EGR equipment and replace DEF system with straight exhaust, correct?

Thanks!

10. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

1. Yes
    2. I would yes.
    3. Yes always a good idea to install tuner first, before tearing out hard parts.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #47
    Thank you!

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

I didnt unplug any of my egr connectors and havent had any trouble yet.

My evic shows 19.7 right now. I am going to hand calculate the mileage on this tank of fuel that I just got today also.

15. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huffdaddy70 View Post
    I didnt unplug any of my egr connectors and havent had any trouble yet.

My evic shows 19.7 right now. I am going to hand calculate the mileage on this tank of fuel that I just got today also.
    Thanks for your report. We look forward to seeing the hand calculated numbers!

If you don't mind sharing, what settings are you running with your Ultra? It may be helpful for the newbies who are learning.👍

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

I tell huff the mileage numbers are in the 150 hp duration, but I think he worries about that nerve that runs from his brain to his right foot if he sets it there. LOL kidding aside that is where I see the best mileage, but it's only like a couple tenths better than the 90 hp. All my results are with default timing, rail, and economy spool. Huffs numbers will be lower than the ones I posted. LOL I've owned them duallies before.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast