Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 87 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #861

User Info Menu

I get some of you guy's frustration. I have been a customer with various different tuner companies since 2008. Everyone of my 6.7 trucks, (08, 12, and now my 15), I have had to deal with cutting edge beginning of the tuning companies. I've had my share of issues, but they always have got figured out. What I think makes the raceme ultra super cool is the base files get updated as Chrysler come out with new flashes. However that can be a pain in the butt also, as it may change some things that they had perfected in previous Chrysler software. The reason you don't see efi issues as much, (but there are issues there also), but it's because they work off a base file that don't update. They don't change the software when Chrysler come out with a new software flash. Raceme does. And that's often why the ultra comes out with update is to give us the latest flash from Chrysler. I think that's really cool, but sometimes it creates a problem too. It will all get worked out, and in time warp tuning will be far superior in my opinion.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, mtday, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #862

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I'm tempted to say in Arizona I wouldn't worry about the battery charger. I'm sure the grid heater will turn on for a bit when powering the key on but not cycle. If you programmed with warm truck after a drive I'd bet it'd be fine. I just started using a charger, but we've had temps -20 to +20. Only reason I started to use one was all I've read to use one, and it makes good sense too do so with the draw that the grid heater pulls. The ultra will tell you if voltage is possibly to low to program. It will warn you. I've had that happen a few times with no charger and all I did was go for a quick drive and then programmed. That was when temps were warmer though. I did 4 or 5 programmings without starting the truck last summer when I first got the ultra. Never had a problem. I think some of newer updates are more sensitive to voltage now though.
    Very true. It's no where near cold enough for any kind of prolonged pre heat to cycle. I'll give a shot without the charger and see what happens, if the Ultra says its a no go then I'll pick one up and go from there. I just don't want to screw something up!!

Glad to hear you've done a few programmings without a charger without issue, that eases my mind for sure.

4. Top Of Page | #863

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Very true. It's no where near cold enough for any kind of prolonged pre heat to cycle. I'll give a shot without the charger and see what happens, if the Ultra says its a no go then I'll pick one up and go from there. I just don't want to screw something up!!

Glad to hear you've done a few programmings without a charger without issue, that eases my mind for sure.
    LOL remember I'm just one persons opinion and experience. And that I said the newer updates seem to be more sensitive to voltage, and that I'd think you'd be ok. That all said, after you saying your just worried about screwing things up, the safest thing I can say is throw a charger on it. However it is still my opinion that as long as the everything else is off and the grid heater is not cycling, it'd be ok. Just my 2 cents though.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #864

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    LOL remember I'm just one persons opinion and experience. And that I said the newer updates seem to be more sensitive to voltage, and that I'd think you'd be ok. That all said, after you saying your just worried about screwing things up, the safest thing I can say is throw a charger on it. However it is still my opinion that as long as the everything else is off and the grid heater is not cycling, it'd be ok. Just my 2 cents though.
    Fair enough! The worst thing I can do is put the Ultra on and have it say the voltage is low and to proceed at my own risk. At that point I won't proceed without a charger. I definitely appreciate the insight! This is the first time I've done something like this and toying around with the PCM has always been a no no for me LOL.

7. Top Of Page | #865

User Info Menu

It's not near as scary as you might think is it, and raceme actually has the ultra about almost impossible to brick the ecm. Relax and do as it tells you. You'll be fine.

8. Thanks RamIt, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #866

User Info Menu

Changing the subject a little, it is 36 degrees here today and I just started my truck. High idle worked with exhaust brake on flawlessly. It don't when it colder out, but did just now work great. I'll post a video of it working later.

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #867

User Info Menu

Here's the video. Not sure what it means, or why it worked today, but it did.

12. Top Of Page | #868

User Info Menu

Im jealous. Mine has worked once since I installed the tuner. It was 19 degrees that day. I have tried everything since. I miss it my truck would warm up in minutes when it was stock and working.

13. Top Of Page | #869

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jfarrar30 View Post
    Im jealous. Mine has worked once since I installed the tuner. It was 19 degrees that day. I have tried everything since. I miss it my truck would warm up in minutes when it was stock and working.
    When it was stock and working it was your egr warming your truck up faster. Not the exhaust brake.

14. Top Of Page | #870

User Info Menu

So today I received my exhaust in the mail so I am ready to do the deletes I plugged my race me altra in and turn the key and all I got was two red flashes one green flash then 3 more red flashes can anybody help?

Page 87 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast