Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 86 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #851

User Info Menu

As for the exhaust brake mine is always on. It works for its intended purpose to slow the truck down. Mine is always on for warm up. Is it working at idle? I guess I don't know, but it's on and I have no issues with it being on, unless I engage high idle. Then there is the VGT surge.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #852

User Info Menu

And as for remote start I don't use mine but others have said factory remote start works fine. I've read some aftermarket added remote start issues, but have not read any issues with factory remote start. Again I don't use mine. And not sure on LoJack

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks RamIt, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #853

User Info Menu

I've never seen a blue smoke with mine? I'm not saying it's not happening to some of you. Just trying to figure it out. When do those of you with this issue see it? Maybe I'm just not looking at the right time for it? But even if I seen some come out I wouldn't be too concerned. My 2012 with mcc tuning would smoke out the neighborhood with 12 valve sound tuning when cold. It got fixed. As well as I'm sure some of these other raceme issues will get fixed along the way also.

6. Top Of Page | #854

User Info Menu

@RATLIN'HP Thanks for your feedback. I don't believe I will have to worry too much about the EB/VGT surge issue in cold weather anymore being in Arizona. Just wanted to make sure my bases are covered. I guess I really just need to get it in my hands and see how everything goes. I unfortunately don't own a battery charger so I'll have to address that issue when the time comes.

Would it be safe to just hook jumper cables up to another vehicle or would that cause too much variation in voltage?

7. Top Of Page | #855

User Info Menu

Do not use jumpers!

8. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #856

User Info Menu

Cheap battery charger will work fine. You only need like 10 amps to hold the battery at 13 volts. I just use a cheap charger

10. Top Of Page | #857

User Info Menu

Easy enough. Apartment complex problems.....getting it plugged in haha! May need to phone a friend and use their house.

11. Top Of Page | #858

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Easy enough. Apartment complex problems.....getting it plugged in haha! May need to phone a friend and use their house.
    I'm tempted to say in Arizona I wouldn't worry about the battery charger. I'm sure the grid heater will turn on for a bit when powering the key on but not cycle. If you programmed with warm truck after a drive I'd bet it'd be fine. I just started using a charger, but we've had temps -20 to +20. Only reason I started to use one was all I've read to use one, and it makes good sense too do so with the draw that the grid heater pulls. The ultra will tell you if voltage is possibly to low to program. It will warn you. I've had that happen a few times with no charger and all I did was go for a quick drive and then programmed. That was when temps were warmer though. I did 4 or 5 programmings without starting the truck last summer when I first got the ultra. Never had a problem. I think some of newer updates are more sensitive to voltage now though.

12. Likes RamIt liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #859

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I've never seen a blue smoke with mine? I'm not saying it's not happening to some of you. Just trying to figure it out. When do those of you with this issue see it? Maybe I'm just not looking at the right time for it? But even if I seen some come out I wouldn't be too concerned. My 2012 with mcc tuning would smoke out the neighborhood with 12 valve sound tuning when cold. It got fixed. As well as I'm sure some of these other raceme issues will get fixed along the way also.
    When I was running the newest tune, mine would smoke and misfire when accelerating between about 1300 and 1800 RPM with light and medium throttle in first, second, and probably third gear. It wasn't just a little blue haze at idle or low RPM, it was like the engine couldn't fire the cylinders and it would shoot big puffs of blue out the tail pipe. Power would essentially disappear when it did it, too.

If yours was doing it, you'd know. LOL.

I agree that it'll eventually get taken care of, but it would be great to see at least an acknowledgement of the issue from the RaceME team...It's been over two months and I don't think they've said anything about the smoke/misfire or the surging issue.

14. Top Of Page | #860

User Info Menu

@RatLINHP thx for your response!

My 2016 ram blows blue smoke at idle and is visible between shifts....wether the engine is hot or cold.....my brother has exact same year and exact same mods and has the exact same issues. His motor has 800Km and mine has 5000km...both trucks exhaust breaks work to slow the vehicle down but will not engage to warm the vehicle up at idle whether is does is automatically or i push the button manually

Page 86 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast