Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 52 of 253 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #511
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey Ray I was talking to a guy who had a 2012 and he had a mini maxx and said that he really only ran it on the low setting and he blew his head gasket at 67k are you running after market head studs on your truck?

2. Top Of Page | #512

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaBoone View Post
    Hey Ray I was talking to a guy who had a 2012 and he had a mini maxx and said that he really only ran it on the low setting and he blew his head gasket at 67k are you running after market head studs on your truck?
    He is I just talked to him about them if you look on his page he has the 625's bolts which I'm going to try and get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes DRD liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #513

User Info Menu

H&S tuned trucks blew a fair share of head gaskets. Partly because of their aggressive turbo tuning option that raised boost and drive pressures super high at a low engine rpm which in turn jacked cylinder pressures super high which is what blows head gaskets. The other part where guys who used the defueling features of the old mini maxx tuners which would pull fuel out but leave timing still jacked up high...which causes high cylinder pressures as well.

My recommendation is strongly think about head studs as you approach the 200HP setting and run 29* timing or more.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #514
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I there a way to monitor cylinder pressure on the RaceME? What about the 120hp settings, with the default timing? Is there high pressure there that I need to be worried about? I know anything can happen with driving styles and every truck is different but I'm asking as a general question I'm sure some of those mini maxx owners would have liked to hear before their trucks were stuck in the shop for a few weeks unexpectedly.

7. Likes DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #515

User Info Menu

I there a way to monitor cylinder pressure on the RaceME? What about the 120hp settings, with the default timing? Is there high pressure there that I need to be worried about? I know anything can happen with driving styles and every truck is different but I'm asking as a general question I'm sure some of those mini maxx owners would have liked to hear before their trucks were stuck in the shop for a few weeks unexpectedly.
    No way to monitor cylinder pressure. 120HP with 29* timing is kinda border line. I'd run 23* timing with the 120 HP setting to be safer, but this is just my opinion.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #516

User Info Menu

I run the 120hp duration with 23* timing and everything has been well. I baby my truck though. I tow at the most 60hp setting. The 120hp setting and 23* timing does smoke some.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

10. Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #517

User Info Menu

Ray tows on the 200!!! It has a lot to do with that skinny pedal though.

12. Likes DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #518
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Ray tows on the 200!!! It has a lot to do with that skinny pedal though.
    That's why I was asking him after watching that video and Alain knowing that he had a mini maxx in his 2012 before the RaceME. So I started to look up how hard it was to do head studs and it's definitely a lot easier to do them before you blow a HG than it is after you blow one. From what I've seen is you can do studs without needing a new gasket if you follow steps one by one. Is that true Ray? I already think I need 625 and a new clutch!

14. Likes DRD liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #519

User Info Menu

Yes 1 by 1 and you should be fine.

16. Likes DRD liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #520

User Info Menu

That's why I was asking him after watching that video and Alain knowing that he had a mini maxx in his 2012 before the RaceME. So I started to look up how hard it was to do head studs and it's definitely a lot easier to do them before you blow a HG than it is after you blow one. From what I've seen is you can do studs without needing a new gasket if you follow steps one by one. Is that true Ray? I already think I need 625 and a new clutch!
    Indeed. Just swap the bolts for stud one at a time and the head never comes loose.👍

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 52 of 253 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast