Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 95 of 253 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #941

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1987 View Post
    I would recommend removing the def system if you ever plan on using it again for resale or trade in. Idk about you but I live in the northeast and the salt will contaminate those parts something terrible. Def is very sensitive stuff unfortunately. Plus it will crystalize if you don't flush the system. I had a Mercedes industrial do this and man what a pain in the a**. Also I bought the electrical plug kit from shibby which covered 90% of my connectors to keep all the salt and road grime from toasting the terminals inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Im going to take the injector off and tape up the connection. But I can't figure out how to drain the tank. I have zero intentions of trading in anytime soon. I live in the desert so I'm just going to tape my connectors up for the time being. I will probably end up getting the plug kit from Ray eventually.

2. Top Of Page | #942

User Info Menu

There is no tank drain. It's a take it down and pour it out situation. Not bad to do though.

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 1992 2500 reg cab 5 speed. pods, sb clutch, terrible paintjob
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

3. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes Javier A Guevara liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #943

User Info Menu

There is no tank drain. It's a take it down and pour it out situation. Not bad to do though.

I'll see if thats something I'm up to tackling tomorrow. Thanks for the info though!

Side Question: How much smoke are yall getting running the RaceME? I took the truck out this evening and I could see in the headlights behind me that I'm dumping a decent amount of light gray smoke under load. I haven't changed any settings other than I was running around on VGT Quick Spool. But still at 60HP, 1850 rail pressure, 23* timing.

Didn't see any smoke during the day though, which is odd. I was on Economy Spool though, not sure if that matters.

Thanks in advance

5. Top Of Page | #944

User Info Menu

oil spray.jpg

Sorry to put this in 2 posts, but the pictures exceed the file size limitation. Climbed back under the truck this morning to torque check the exhaust and tape up all the connectors and what have you.

There is an oily residue now all over the suspension, and what looks like oil leaking out of the slip fitting for the delete pipe and the tail pipe....however, it's gummy and doesn't smell like oil...thoughts? Related to my smoke issue?

I'm thinking possible over fueling?

EDIT: Forum wont let me upload the second picture because its 78.1 Kb too large........so heres a link
    http://tinypic.com/r/2mo7zuu/9

6. Top Of Page | #945

User Info Menu

Might be all the build up in your downpipe coming out now that you opened her up.

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #946

User Info Menu

Might be all the build up in your downpipe coming out now that you opened her up.

Ya I'd agree. Blowing a little soot now is all. But the connection isn't right or is loose. It should be blowing what little there is out tailpipe, not under truck

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #947

User Info Menu

Thats a good point. It very well could be. Its very sticky thats why i was thinking fuel. Could thhat be causing the smoking as well?

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Top Of Page | #948

User Info Menu

There is also an oily residue on your new exhaust parts that will warm up and blow out. But again you got a loose connection or something

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, oneshotkyle liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #949

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    There is also an oily residue on your new exhaust parts that will warm up and blow out. But again you got a loose connection or something
    Yea im used to the packing oil per say on exhaust. This seems a bit heavy for that but i could be wrong. And yea i know that connection isnt perfect but the factory tailpipe doesnt mate up to the flo pro delete pipe very well. The stock band clamp is welded to the pipe and i dont have a way of getting it off

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

14. Top Of Page | #950

User Info Menu

My back pipe didn't fit great either. A little sanding and some hammer action got it in. I bet your pipe got dented in shipping on the end pretty common. My truck hazes too. Can only see it at night in headlights but in comparison to my 04 that had tnt/r it's like a prius.

15. Likes RATLIN'HP, RamIt liked this post
Page 95 of 253 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast