Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 8 of 253 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

The first tank of fuel verdict is in with the 60 HP tune, 23 degrees timing and 1850 bar psi! The evic showed 18.6 and handl calculated MPG was 17.44 (not bad for a 4x4 3500 drw with 3.73). 453 miles and used 26 gallons of fuel. My numbers are a little bit skewed because my truck spends a good bit of time idling. This tank was spent about 50% city, and 50% highway driving and a little bit of it light towing (two jets skis to the lake and put them in and took them out of the water). I am trying to talk my self in to trying to 150 tune to see if fuel mileage is better but I am worried that i will be like Ratlin' and want to use all that extra power that is there! I have a hard time not hot rodding my truck with the 60 tune! It runs so well now! Please hold together for me 68RFE! LOL

2. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

It indicates the circuit is open, as if you did not connect the red and yellow wire to the interface.
    If it is connected either the interface or the probe is faulty and you must get replacement.

Check connection and contacts.

Franz

4. Likes DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    Let's make sure we have all the basics covered...

Have you followed the outlines here???
    http://www.raceme.eu/media/files_pub...e%20Manual.pdf

If so, then we need to look at the sensor unit itself.
    I missed the configure part I'm a idiot LOL everything is working great now thanks for the help

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybearkilla View Post
    I missed the configure part I'm a idiot LOL everything is working great now thanks for the help
    Glad you got it figured out friend.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

Not an idiot at all! You're learning and we all miss things from time to time.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Honeybearkilla thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Honeybearkilla liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #76
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I wouldn't go so far as to say your an idiot... We've all been there. My guess is you were just excited and skipped a step setting up new toys LOL. I've been known to do that on occasion when I get new truck parts

Sent from a Well Head

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Honeybearkilla thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Honeybearkilla liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Fuel mileage update: Filled up again today and my mileage is up to 18.0 MPG (17.998 to be exact) on this tank (evic shows 18.9). 498 miles and 27.669 gallons. 100 miles of this was light towing a small enclosed motorcycle trailer at 80 mph down the interstate and about 50/50 highway/city driving for the other 400 miles. So far I am very pleased!

13. Thanks DRD, Power247, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

Another update! I towed for the first time this past weekend with the delete/RaceMe and the truck is a Monster now! I kept it on the 60HP tune with standard other settings and it did great. This trip was up the mountain (103 miles each way) in NC with a 4 mile long grade 8 pull. The 68RFE did well also and the shifts felt very firm with the raised line pressure. I kept it in Manual 5th most of the trip except for when on the interstate on fairly flat land and the trans felt good with no rise in temperature even in overdrive! I was towing my 17,000 pound fifth wheel toy hauler.

15. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Power247, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huffdaddy70 View Post
    Another update! I towed for the first time this past weekend with the delete/RaceMe and the truck is a Monster now! I kept it on the 60HP tune with standard other settings and it did great. This trip was up the mountain (103 miles each way) in NC with a 4 mile long grade 8 pull. The 68RFE did well also and the shifts felt very firm with the raised line pressure. I kept it in Manual 5th most of the trip except for when on the interstate on fairly flat land and the trans felt good with no rise in temperature even in overdrive! I was towing my 17,000 pound fifth wheel toy hauler.
    Thanks for the report! Glad all turned out well. I knew the Ultra would work very well towing.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

17. Likes RATLIN'HP, huffdaddy70 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #80
    Hey guys, wanted to post where I'm at so far:

15 Mega 4x4 on 35's. Averaging 18mpg. Get 21MPG @ 78MPH. Great power here at sea level.

I do have some rattle noise and I am usually on the plus 30 or 60 in the lowest of all timing/pressure settings. Anybody have some more knowledge on this? Is it bad for diesel engines like when a gas engine has detonation knocking? Or is it just the injectors I'm hearing from the increased flow? It sounds like my AISIN equipped 3500 at idle ( as you guy know the AISIN trucks come with a slightly stronger tune from the factory).

Also, my turbo sounds like a 379 Pete in Quick spool mode. Wow. Why is this? Is it going to shorten the life of the turbo?

Overall, I am pretty darn satisfied and Ray and Franz have been super cool to deal with..

I welcome any and all replies as I think the more we learn the better out trucks are dialed in. I often think maybe I'm getting slightly different results than some of you because I'm at sea level??

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
Page 8 of 253 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast