Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 76 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #751

User Info Menu

LOL guess when this blizzard is over I just need to find time to hook the charger to it and see what happens.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Likes mtday, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #752

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    LOL guess when this blizzard is over I just need to find time to hook the charger to it and see what happens.
    I have a 2015 and done it all charger, plug in servo... nothing will give me EB for warm up on high idle. Strange how it is working for some. I was also told by Franz this was an issue with Chrysler update...

4. Top Of Page | #753

User Info Menu

Well let's compile so info...

If any body reads this post with a 2015 or even other years, that have lost their exhaust brake warmup function or having VGT surging issues...post some specific info on your truck. Is it a manual trans or auto? If an auto, is it a 68RFE or Aisin? Is the EGR present or removed...if present, is it still plugged in? I'd like to see if this is limited to just certain calibrations or any other relations.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Top Of Page | #754

User Info Menu

2015, 68RFE, last tuned with the trans tuning update in early December. Noticed the VGT surging almost immediately on cold starts and engaging high idle. The warmer the morning was the less it did it. Not to many warm mornings in iowa this time of year, but once since then it was near 40 degrees and it still did it but very slightly and not very long. If I don't engage high idle, and the truck auto high idle, which is only to 1000 rpm it don't do it. No matter how cold. So for me that was good enough. I know some of you are more picky than me, but simple fix, don't engage high idle. I never really noticed my exhaust brake not working at idle, but I guess it's not. To me that is a plus. Hate the annoying whistle! But the exhaust brake does still function as its intended purpose to slow the truck down. So for me, another none issue. I'm just trying to help figure it out for the guys that think this is a huge issue, and their truck won't warm up without a screaming whistle waking the neighbors. So I'm deleted from crossover tube over. Cooler is plugged, and as of now servo motor unplugged. I have the VGT surge when cold, and no exhaust brake idling as I said. Other than that the truck runs and shifts amazing. No miss, no unusual rattle, and the power is there.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, TH-64 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #755

User Info Menu

2013. 68RFE. EGR deleted/cooler gone. Never has done the surging since day one.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, TH-64 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #756

User Info Menu

2015 with G56. All updates have gave me some kind of Turbo surge mostly when cold. All Egr stuff gone. I don't have to worry about that now since i will be installing a second gen 467.7 setup

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

10. Thanks DRD, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, TH-64 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #757

User Info Menu

2015 68rf, no surging, servo unplugged and EB works to slow down but will not engage for warm up which is really missed with average daily temps of -10 Celsius. Truck takes forever to come up on temp...
    sure would like to see a fix.

12. Thanks DRD, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, TH-64 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #758

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    2015 68rf, no surging, servo unplugged and EB works to slow down but will not engage for warm up which is really missed with average daily temps of -10 Celsius. Truck takes forever to come up on temp...
    sure would like to see a fix.
    I just have never seen the exhaust brake have a big effect on warm up times on any of my 6.7's. Now having an egr vs deleting egr is a huge difference in how long the truck takes to warm up. In theory I can see the exhaust brake may help some, but I've honestly never really seen it in any truck I've owned. I never started my truck in the morning and thought I only had to warm it up for 10 minutes, instead of 15 minutes, because the exhaust brake was engaged.

14. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, DRD, oneshotkyle liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #759

User Info Menu

Just a tid bit of info here concerning my 2012 and exhaust brake warmup...

I can turn my exhaust brake on after startup, but it is somewhere around the 50*F threshold or below that ambient temperature needs to be for the warmup feature to work. Otherwise, turning it on at idle does nothing. Its always been this way on my truck even with other tuners installed.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Top Of Page | #760

User Info Menu

That would be plus 10 Celsius if it was that warm here I wouldn't even wear a coat

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 76 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast