Page 72 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #711

User Info Menu

Neighbors of diesel owner sure are glad... LOL

2. Top Of Page | #712

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel...
    What does plugging in the egr servo motor do? I've read a few comments on the other forum but not sure what the end result is supposed to be.

'13 CTD Laramie CCSB, Icon Tracbar and Coilovers set at 5.5", Carli/Thuren suspension, 4.10s (installed by me), Toyo M/T 37s on cheap-o AEs, AFE CAI, Fully Deleted and tuned to perfection by Ray@Double R Diesel!!

3. Top Of Page | #713

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 13brute View Post
    @Double R Diesel...
    What does plugging in the egr servo motor do? I've read a few comments on the other forum but not sure what the end result is supposed to be.
    A couple guys have told me doing this stops the VGT surging experienced by a few trucks and also gets the cold startup exhaust brake warmup feature working again on trucks it disappears on. Now keep in mind this only applies to trucks with removed or unplugged EGR components. Also worth noting, these reports have come to me from 2015 truck owners.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #714

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    A couple guys have told me doing this stops the VGT surging experienced by a few trucks and also gets the cold startup exhaust brake warmup feature working again on trucks it disappears on. Now keep in mind this only applies to trucks with removed or unplugged EGR components. Also worth noting, these reports have come to me from 2015 truck owners.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    My question is, on my truck the cooler is not deleted and is just blocked off and deleted from the crossover tube over. So plugging the servo motor back in would be really simple to do since it's all still there. But my question is, what exactly does plugging it back in do, since plugging it back in on my truck would make something function again? And would whatever it makes function again be harmful since the crossover tube and rest of the egr is gone?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #715

User Info Menu

I guess since the tuning can disable egr without unplugging or deleting any of it, maybe I just answered my own question. Plugging it in won't make it function again would be my guess, but something in that connection that the truck must like. Wierd.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #716

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    My question is, on my truck the cooler is not deleted and is just blocked off and deleted from the crossover tube over. So plugging the servo motor back in would be really simple to do since it's all still there. But my question is, what exactly does plugging it back in do, since plugging it back in on my truck would make something function again? And would whatever it makes function again be harmful since the crossover tube and rest of the egr is gone?
    I think all the servo motor does is help regulate exhaust flow coming out of the manifold by means of a flapper valve. With the cross over tube blocked, EGR flow is still blocked even if the servo motor opened...so plugging the servo back won't hurt.

I don't know what plugging just servo motor back may or may not do for turbo function. I haven't witness this problem and solution fix with my own eyes, so I can't truly say. If, and I emphasize IF, this is somehow tune related and plugging a servo motor back in makes the VGT function correctly... then I would have to speculate there is some EGR logic active in the tuning.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #717

User Info Menu

I'm sure every one has different tunes they like but I was wondering what do you guys like for normal driving for best fuel mileage? And what do you guys like for towing I'd guess 12,000 pound range?

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

10. Top Of Page | #718

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminsram15 View Post
    I'm sure every one has different tunes they like but I was wondering what do you guys like for normal driving for best fuel mileage? And what do you guys like for towing I'd guess 12,000 pound range?
    For daily driving I use the 120hp tune and 60hp for towing.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

11. Likes Cumminsram15 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #719

User Info Menu

120, 23, 1850, and mild spool. Good for all, just be smart towing on those settings and it's fine

13. Likes Cumminsram15, theaaronbush liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #720
    Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    120, 23, 1850, and mild spool. Good for all, just be smart towing on those settings and it's fine
    You do this towing and when not towing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 72 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast