Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 57 of 253 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #561

User Info Menu

@beans20 I'm sure you know I wasn't picking on you LOL. Just came to mind as I was typing, as an example that a stumble, or misfire could be a lot of things. Especially this time of the year.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
    Likes beans20 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #562

User Info Menu

Another philosophy I have is before blasting out the vendor or product on a forum solely to bad mouth it, why don't you do that person a favor and get in contact with them. Then if you want to post what happened on a forum just to inform others of the issue sure go right ahead. But don't immediately start bad mouthing it on a forum just ask questions it's not that hard. This place isn't like the dark side no one is going to immediately start talking crap to you because you don't know any better. Everyone is seems to be of the adult kind and likes to help and inform people. If the don't know why don't you inform them first before calling them idiots or whatever.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #563

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    @beans20 I'm sure you know I wasn't picking on you LOL. Just came to mind as I was typing, as an example that a stumble, or misfire could be a lot of things. Especially this time of the year.
    @RATLIN'HP I know you weren't I know I was used as an example and that's fine no hard feelings. But at least I figured it out and didnt bad mouth it. Even in my post I made sure to say I think it's just because it's cold outside. So I had a feeling it was just the fuel issue.

6. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #564

User Info Menu

Well said guys!!! @RATLIN'HP & @beans20

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #565

User Info Menu

I switched to the bright side last year from GM and my '12 Silverado was tuned with EFILIVE by Black Bear Performance. I had issues with the tuner itself. It was sending my truck into limp mode when I updated it. Never once, did I bash BB or the EFI LIVE Autocal. The Autoal was great but after a few years of using the tuner, something went haywire within. Some people don't realize that these tuners aren't just your local shop finding a fix for you. They are dealing with the entire country or across the world for that matter. I was patient and BB came through with a fix for me. Franz and Raceme do not seem any different to me! They are working hard to fix our problems all while working on updates and custom tuning platforms!

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes Matt C Moore, beans20, RATLIN'HP, DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #566

User Info Menu

Let me say also there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes most of us never know about. Years ago with my 08, the big thing was code free. We all ran edge juice or bullydog pmt. Both cleared codes on start up. But we're not code free. H&S were working on things and at that time their main competition was a company called BADP. I was an edge fan boy running h&s sims, so I was h&s fan boy also. BADP contacts me and wants to send me all their new stuff to make me code free. Can't remember exactly but over $1000 worth I think. LOL I said sure. All they wanted was honest reviews on how it worked, and they picked me cuz I was h&s fan boy. Well it didn't work very well. I gave it time on the forum working with them trying to figure it out. Never worked out. Smarty came out with s67 I went that way and never looked back. And sure I prolly posted some stuff after that about the badp stuff not working on my truck. But just a little example of how maybe, just maybe, that guy on cf got offered something else, and all he had to do for it was post up how he hates his ultra and it's now a paper weight. I'm not saying that as fact by no means, but I'm saying who really knows with things that I do know happen behind the scenes.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, jpterbl1, oneshotkyle, DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #567

User Info Menu

Hey, figuring this was the best place to put this. Not sure if I have an older update or a really new update or not, but my raceme ultra doesn't have the transmission tuning capabilities or timing advancing?

When setting up the tuner originally during customization, it asked for "transmission tuning" or "stock" IIRC. I picked transmission tuning, but there is no OTF available... Was this a change? Did the OTF trans tuning go away and is it just a one time deal when setting up? Also, did timing go away?

I love the way this tuner runs, and probably wouldn't even change it even if I'm running and older tune. Just basically wanted to know why some OTF options are not there...

Thanks!

2010 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT SRW 4X4
    5" Pro Comp lift, Ion Alloys with 35x12.5r18 Pro Comp Xtreme AT with some stance.
    Raceme Ultra, S&B CAI, 4" TBE w 5" tip, LED tails and Third Brake Light, 6" touchscreen, 30" LED light bar, SJ dual shock stabilizers, Synergy steering-box stabilizer.
    Undercoated truck, two toned rhino liner lowers and bumpers, painted grill and debadged.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #568

User Info Menu

There won't be any trans tuning options in otf. You selected it, you got it. Not sure on your timing, if I remember right 10-12 may not have adjustable timing cabability yet

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #569

User Info Menu

I probably should of said 10-12 don't have otf adjustable timing yet, as I think it is selectable with a download I'm sure.

18. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #570

User Info Menu

oh ok well that's good to know. Thanks! I figured that was the case but wanted to double check.
    I just finished writing up a install how-to/ review in the how to section on the tuner actually. Hope it is easy enough to understand, if not I can always edit it...

So with the trans tuning option I picked, does that do the increased line pressure then? It doesn't feel like it did when I used to press the tow/haul button pre-tune, which also increases the line pressure... I don't notice any difference or better shifting. Shifts kinda hard on the higher hp tunes actually... To be expected I'm sure.
    Also, noticed my exhaust brake got a lot quieter for some reason... Before the tuner, I would have exhaust brake and tow/haul both on and that thing would slow me down a lot and was nice and loud. Now it seems exhaust brake at a lower rpm and isn't as loud or as strong..
    Time may tell. Maybe a trans re-learn or playing with OTF settings is needed...

Page 57 of 253 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast