Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 42 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #411

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Have you gotten to play around with the update yet? I'm curious what all the changes are that were made to the screen menus.
    Just drove it 15 miles to town and back. The transmission side is definitely better! Not saying I wouldn't change anything when custom tuning comes to play, cause I will. LOL. But, it is an awesome addition to have this trans tuning for FREE! Much better than stock!!

Engine side is silky smooth and quiet! They took timing out to quiet the rattle down...actually quite a bit out. The only downfall I see with the engine update is fuel mileage is gonna drop some with this setup... but this will give folks like me room to make some huge gains with custom tuning. 😎

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Likes beans20, oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #412

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    I'm curious to get as many details as possible im starting to get worried about flashing my pcm so much I've only had the truck 2 months and put just over 8400 miles on it and I've flashed it probably 10 times hah
    Hah. No worries there buddy. I've got over 300 flashes on my 2012 and it has never missed a beat.👍

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #413
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've heard that the open close VGT issue will clear up after a while. Or at least it did with some guys when they first programed their trucks with other firmware. But they said it only did that the first few times then stopped.

5. Likes RATLIN'HP, DRD liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #414

User Info Menu

No surge here and Iv been driving it a lot today , stop and go even some highway. No complaints here , every truck is different though. Did you make sure you had a good charge Iv read on here sometimes that will do it, I always turn off the alpine system when flashing as well.

7. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #415

User Info Menu

Guys I'm talking a very brief idle surge on starts at less than 20 degrees. No biggie just thought I'd mention it

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Likes DRD liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #416

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Guys I'm talking a very brief idle surge on starts at less than 20 degrees. No biggie just thought I'd mention it
    haha in no way am i discouraged i'm just trying to get all the facts, i'm a mechanic by trade so i'm extremely OCD to my own vehicle, i've been in PSD land for the past 2 years i pretty much got the scorpion down to a science then i came back to Dodge because i couldnt stand the weak LB frame anymore, ill be updating regardless tomorrow when i get to my shop so i can hook up a battery charger to er . I just want the trans tune i think that is the downfall of most diesel trucks besides the Dirtymax im not a fan of the TC lock in straight 1st gear on decel but that trans shifts very stout , Ford and Ram require a little more haha

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

11. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #417

User Info Menu

I been dragging my butt all day and still haven't got the new update in.grrrrrr. I'm still waiting for ray to get the custom tuning going. Do you need any beta testers ray?

13. Top Of Page | #418

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    I been dragging my butt all day and still haven't got the new update in.grrrrrr. I'm still waiting for ray to get the custom tuning going. Do you need any beta testers ray?
    Well here's the deal. I've got a 2012 and as the wise cracker posted on that other forum, I indeed don't own a 13 or newer. However, I've got a 2015 customer right up the street with a 68RFE truck. That covers a 13up 68RFE truck. However since you have a 13up manual truck with those nice BBI injectors, I might send something your way. 😉

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

14. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #419
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just took the truck from stock tuning to 120hp default everything and I tried to set an otf tune and get an error of VER mismatch! Now I can't even tune at all. That's all that happens when I hit the ecm button. I really just want to drive my truck and this thing has been nothing but problems on my 2011 I so sad to say. Im gonna drive home and and re update the firmware but I'm really wishing someone would have told me that this tuner was not ready for 2011 G56 trucks and I would have saved my $1500image.jpg

16. Top Of Page | #420

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaBoone View Post
    Just took the truck from stock tuning to 120hp default everything and I tried to set an otf tune and get an error of VER mismatch! Now I can't even tune at all. That's all that happens when I hit the ecm button. I really just want to drive my truck and this thing has been nothing but problems on my 2011 I so sad to say. Im gonna drive home and and re update the firmware but I'm really wishing someone would have told me that this tuner was not ready for 2011 G56 trucks and I would have saved my $1500image.jpg
    There's a solution. Let's get the boss on it. Sorry for your trouble. Really I hate it. But hang in there. @Franz

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

17. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
Page 42 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast