Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 41 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #401

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frozen cold View Post
    howdy guys! long time lurker, 1st time poster....i have an '11 and about to do the update as well. do i only need this big file?--->RaceME_Ultra_INIT_2015-12-04_08-00.7z
    or do i need this--->
    RaceMe-0001.00.25.7z also?
    Just the 2015-12-04 file. Welcome BTW!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks frozen cold thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #402

User Info Menu

Thanks again Ray.... I can't say enough good things about this group. I'm ready to leave for the day for some Xmas shopping with my wife. I will report back on how the truck responds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    That's all you will see at this time. Your options you see is either "stock" or "trans tuning" under the transmission options. You should notice the transmission feel a bit different when you drive it if all went well on your end.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

Powered

4. Likes DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #403

User Info Menu

That's all you will see at this time. Your options you see is either "stock" or "trans tuning" under the transmission options. You should notice the transmission feel a bit different when you drive it if all went well on your end.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Not sure on your trucks, but I can say on my 2015 it's more than feeling a bit different. It's a new animal. I did do a stronger pull earlier this morning and wow. I'm impressed. But ya like Ray said here. Select trans tuning is it, and you got it.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Likes DRD liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #404
    Permanent Vacation Dale's Super Store's Avatar

User Info Menu

This is the best thread on the internet for the RaceME Ultra Tuner.

Awesome guys!

Thanks @Franz for doing an awesome job!

8. Top Of Page | #405

User Info Menu

Just a friendly reminder guys. Whenever you do a full customized tune on your truck to employ the trans tuning, drive your truck easy for the first 30 miles or so. Whenever you fully flash or reprogram the PCM on a 68RFE truck, you reset the clutch fill volume values back to default. It takes a few miles for the PCM to recognize the normal clutch wear in clutch units inside the trans and adjust the fluid volumes inside those units to maintain proper clamping pressure on the clutches. Just go easy for a few miles before hammering down to prevent premature wear on your transmission.👍

FYI, you should not have to worry about doing this by just simply doing an OTF tuning change.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #406

User Info Menu

Just a friendly reminder guys. Whenever you do a full customized tune on your truck to employ the trans tuning, drive your truck easy for the first 30 miles or so. Whenever you fully flash or reprogram the PCM on a 68RFE truck, you reset the clutch fill volume values back to default. It takes a few miles for the PCM to recognize the normal clutch wear in clutch units inside the trans and adjust the fluid volumes inside those units to maintain proper clamping pressure on the clutches. Just go easy for a few miles before hammering down to prevent premature wear on your transmission.👍

FYI, you should not have to worry about doing this by just simply doing an OTF tuning change.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Have you gotten to play around with the update yet? I'm curious what all the changes are that were made to the screen menus.

11. Top Of Page | #407

User Info Menu

@Franz when do you want the .txt file? Would you like for us to drive it for a certain amount of time so you can get a good reading?

12. Top Of Page | #408

User Info Menu

So far I got know complaints with the trans tuning, and none with the way the trucks runs down the road. Only thing I need to mention is the VGT freaks a little on cold starts at idle. Open/close, open/close, open/close. It will do this for a few minutes depends on how cold, then clears up. Does not matter if exhaust brake is on or off. It does not matter if low idle or high idle. I will say at high idle this morning it did it bad enough to shake the truck back and forth. Sure it's a simple fix.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

13. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #409

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nunezusmc View Post
    Well guys I was the Guinea pig, I did the wide open throttle on my 2014 mega cab. Holy cow it was crazy it actually scared me that it pulled so hard. It's seem the pesky torque mangment is either gone or been tuned down. It's seem like more boost too, I'm guessing it's from the torque converter locking up sooner. Street driving shifts are smooth and crisp. It really feel like completely different truck. I did the WOT on 120 default everything truck went side ways and took off only hot 28 psi. This is the best update in my opinion. Guys do the update !
    Do you get the same cold start up surging as rattlin does ? I'm curious to get as many details as possible im starting to get worried about flashing my pcm so much I've only had the truck 2 months and put just over 8400 miles on it and I've flashed it probably 10 times hah

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

15. Top Of Page | #410

User Info Menu

LOL the ecm will handle thousands of flashes, and this surge is a non issue after a few minutes of idle. I say go for it man

Page 41 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast