Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 14 of 253 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #131

User Info Menu

Watch "RaceME Ultra 2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins" on YouTube

Here is a little video I made showing an Ultra on our 2012. Maybe it will help future customers with their setup.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #132

User Info Menu

Well I played around with my 2012 a bit yesterday with the Ultra installed...

Overall I'm really impressed! The Ultra itself offers so much info to monitor at once, that its like having a data log in your face constantly. The box tuning the Ultra offers is some of the best I've ever seen. If RaceME did any better, they'd put a custom tuner like myself out of business! You have so much user control with the box tuning its crazy! I discovered the 175 HP setting is just a little too much duration for 29* of timing and the stock turbo...so I backed it down to the 150 HP duration. The truck ran like a thoroughbred! All I can say is that a burnout was no problem! The 185 psi line pressure setting yielded about 181 psi of line pressure at full song and does help the shift feel as compared to bone stock.

Again I'm very impressed with Ultra! These things rock already but definitely will be the "cat's meow" once the custom tuning software becomes available for me to make some custom tuning!

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Thanks theaaronbush, RATLIN'HP, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #133

User Info Menu

Watch "RaceME Ultra OTF Tuning Power" on YouTube

So I said to myself..."why not make a video for the nay sayers who say the Ultra can't make any power on a 6.7 Cummins out of the box"

As you can see I have no problems polishing my treads.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

5. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #134

User Info Menu

I got my RaceME installed yesterday and let me tell you the 5'' exhaust is a tuff one to do solo!!! I took everything off myself and plugged everything up then had to get a buddy to help hook the new 5" pipe back up to the turbo for me because that was the hardest part of the entire installation. The install i started at 10:00 am Yesterday morning had tuner installed and old exhaust removed by 1:30 pm. Keep in mind that part was solo and had a few breaks and pondered on stuff. After that I had a wedding to go to from 3-5 so I then started back working on it at 7:00pm that time I had my buddy come over to help me install the new exhaust. The new exhaust part took about an hour n half with lining everything up perfect. The most aggravating part was installing the exhaust mounts back on but we managed to do it no problem. At about 8:30 pm she was ready to roll double checked everything went thru the programmer and made sure everything was correct followed the steps and then started her up and OMG does she sound like a true beast now.... I say she sounds similar to a big rig now on her deep tones. The exhaust brake sounds awesome too. Im only running stock tunes going to wait to go see Ray one day and let him look at it and we can go over to see which is best setup for what im looking for. I will post a video of the sound of her whistle not sure if I have a video of her exhaust break or not but honestly video does no justice. I will look on my phone for some videos and upload them in comments below but overall im super satisfied even if its only just stock tune.

BTW i haven't been able to get on it because want to make sure tranny runs fine and all dont want to over do it yet!!

7. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #135
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The trick for the hangers is wd-40 and channel locks. For taking off and going back on. Haven't ever had much of a fight hat way

Sent from a Well Head

9. Top Of Page | #136

User Info Menu

Yeah figured that out after the fight with first two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #137

User Info Menu

I agree that the down pipe turbo flange was the tough part! I have the 4" turbo back with muffler...it actually sounds really good!

11. Top Of Page | #138

User Info Menu

Yeah can you upload a video from the tap talk app?

12. Top Of Page | #139

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C Moore View Post
    Yeah can you upload a video from the tap talk app?

Load up your video either to YouTube or a storage cloud, and then post a link to it on forum.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

13. Top Of Page | #140

User Info Menu

Just a question not prying or complaining about what I have, but is there an update in the works for the torque limiters on the '13+ as well as maybe a 175 duration setting? Once again @Franz I am extremely satisfied with what I have now. Please don't take offense to my question.

14. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 14 of 253 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast