Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 130 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2524

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1291

User Info Menu

It don't hurt anything. Technically you don't have do anything under the hood for disabling so it shouldn't hurt nothing. But there must be something it likes with that connection.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1292

User Info Menu

For sure, all I know it works great with servo plugged in an econo spool I greatly appreciate the help.

what is the difference in economy and quick spool? Does one provide better performance?

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #1293

User Info Menu

I guess that's the only place I haven't tried it, is on eco spool. So maybe if I go there I won't get the surge. Try tomorrow if I remember.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #1294

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I guess that's the only place I haven't tried it, is on eco spool. So maybe if I go there I won't get the surge. Try tomorrow if I remember.
    What setting are you on?

7. Top Of Page | #1295

User Info Menu

Ha economy now so I can see in morning. I've been on either mild or quick, and it acts as I've said surging back and forth between 90 and 95 percent.

8. Top Of Page | #1296

User Info Menu

Mine only works in econo mode. No surging at idle. No surging at high idle either. But now if i kick it out of high idle it surges so bad the truck rocks side to side. Vrut vrut vrut vrut

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #1297

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    Are you saying it could be heard operating at high idle? There is no difference in mine on or off at high idle during warmup -10 Celsius...
    Yep, it could definitely be heard. I didn't have time to play around with the exhaust brake on or off to see if it changes. I also didn't watch the VGT to see if it bounced like Rattlin's truck does, but the engine wasn't surging.

I'm running 60hp and Mild Spool.

I don't think it operates like the exhaust brake did stock though. When it was stock you could hear a noticeable difference in engine noise when it would engage even just pulling up to a stoplight with a cold motor. Pretty sure it didn't do that today.

11. Likes Justin Morrison liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #1298

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    I don't think it operates like the exhaust brake did stock though. When it was stock you could hear a noticeable difference in engine noise when it would engage even just pulling up to a stoplight with a cold motor. Pretty sure it didn't do that today.
    My EB sounds like a jet engine when it kicks on when slowing down. It is definitely noticeable.
    @Franz had mentioned there were some reports of weak EBs following programming and somewhere in this 130 page thread is a fix.

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

13. Likes mtday liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #1299

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    My EB sounds like a jet engine when it kicks on when slowing down. It is definitely noticeable.
    @Franz had mentioned there were some reports of weak EBs following programming and somewhere in this 130 page thread is a fix.

It works just fine to slow down the truck, for me at least. We're talking about how the exhaust brake is used to warm up the engine faster when it's below 40 degrees. It's pretty useful on a zero degree day, haha!

15. Likes RamIt liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #1300

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    It works just fine to slow down the truck, for me at least. We're talking about how the exhaust brake is used to warm up the engine faster when it's below 40 degrees. It's pretty useful on a zero degree day, haha!
    My apologies. Misunderstood the post. It is very useful indeed. Since the Ultra leaves the EB on constantly I have the pleasure of irritating my neighbors with the hair dryer noise at 515am LOL.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

17. Likes mtday liked this post
Page 130 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast