Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wait to start light not coming on....

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Wait to start light not coming on....

I have noticed that there have been a number of threads started about this problem, on various cummins boards over the last few months. I wanted to put out a solution I have found that seems to work on my truck. Just did this today actually.

Every so often my WTS light, as well as the water in fuel light, stop working. It has done this at least 3 times over the past year, since finishing the 4wd conversion on the crewcab and switching to the complete 93 system.

What I have done to rectify the problem...at least for a while...is to disconnect the battery, both positive and negative cables, for at least 5 minutes. Hook them back up and everything seems to work fine again.

Hope this works for others as well.

2. Thanks K-Sons thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Wait to start light not coming on....

That hasn't worked for me. I'm into replacing my grid heater celinoid. I don't think I have that named right. But it's the part on the drivers fender with 4 terminals on it. Haven't done it yet but I'm hoping.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie554 View Post
    That hasn't worked for me. I'm into replacing my grid heater celinoid. I don't think I have that named right. But it's the part on the drivers fender with 4 terminals on it. Haven't done it yet but I'm hoping.
    It’s called a solenoid bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It doesn't have a fancier name because a relay is attached as one piece? Anyways sorry. It didn't work.