Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Psi increase

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Psi increase

I have an airdog fuel pump. My question is that if I increase the fuel pressure say 8psi. I should not be harming anything right?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Why do you want to do this?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kburkhart View Post
    I have an airdog fuel pump. My question is that if I increase the fuel pressure say 8psi. I should not be harming anything right?
    Depends on your Injector pump. The VPs are picky and can cause just as many problems giving too much pressure than not enough. These newer ones are more forgiving, but so long as supply stays above 5psi and below 20 your golden (15-18 is normal at idle)

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I was going to replace the pressure spring with a new one. The options are 30,40, and 50. My current floats at 26ish. My over flow valve is rated up to 37. I was thinking for future improvements go with the 40 if it won't harm anything. I realize I would need delivery valves lines and injectors to fully benefit from the increased pressure.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

On performance 12 valves, I like to see 40 to 50 psi at the P7100 injection pump. On the older 94' and 95's with the 160HP and 175HP pumps, the more pressure, the better they run!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post