Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Painting over Rustoleum Truck bed coating?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Painting over Rustoleum Truck bed coating?

Is it possible to paint over it thinking of factory matching my rocker panels and bumpers which I coated in the truck bed coating.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I like the idea, and I would be interested in knowing also.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would think so, but your best answer will be on the Rustoleum web site.

You can paint anything. How long it will stick is another story.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Don't know how different rhino liner is but I painted over rhino liner and maybe a year later the paint is cracking now.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Did you use anything to protect the paint like a rock guard clear or any clear coat?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Actually you probably needed flexible paint like the Rustoleum plastic paints.

Learned about all this way back when working on a Corvette. Added a little bit of flex additive to the paint and cracks be gone

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I'm torn over that or just getting some Monstaliner in white. Also thought about rocking a 2 tone job instead of white truck with black liner, I'm thinking maybe red liner with the white truck. Any opinions on that?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Painting over Rustoleum Truck bed coating?

I put rust oleum clear and paint.