Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Diesel, just nabbed a 07.5 6.7

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Good looking truck, efi live or H&S if you can find one are both good choices to put your truck on a needed diet plan. Run that exhaust brake every time the engine is on and don't be afraid to put your foot in it. That cycles the VGT and helps to prevent it from sooting up and sticking on you. Grumps has you lined out. I just recently traded off my 09 which is same generation so any questions feel free to ask away, and any questions /concerns about tunes don't hesitate to bring them up for sure! Welcome to the fun
    I'll tell you man, I don't miss my 08 1 bit

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Good looking truck, efi live or H&S if you can find one are both good choices to put your truck on a needed diet plan. Run that exhaust brake every time the engine is on and don't be afraid to put your foot in it. That cycles the VGT and helps to prevent it from sooting up and sticking on you. Grumps has you lined out. I just recently traded off my 09 which is same generation so any questions feel free to ask away, and any questions /concerns about tunes don't hesitate to bring them up for sure! Welcome to the fun
    Be easy on me.....I'm super newb...

Where's the EB? LOL I know what they are and do, but I don't know where it's at. Is it the button by the rear power window switch?

And I'm not shy on the gas pedal. That spool is addicting, just wish it was a little louder haha

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

EB is the exhaust brake

Use it all the time and the vains in the turbo won't clog up. Once you get deleted, it won't be as bad.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I know what it is, just don't know how to "activate" it so to speak.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanside78 View Post
    Just push the button. If the light is on it'll kick on when you get off the throttle above 20mph. You want louder turbo whistle? We got a tune for that LOL. If you think it's addicting now, load up one of DoubleRDiesel's tunes, it's hard to stay off the skinny pedal then

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh, and don't let it idle for very long, or put around. Quickest way to plug the egr valve and cooler is to take those leisurely drives on the old dirt roads only doing 10-20mph. I found out the hard way about 3 hours from pavement way up in the Rockies

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah, I keep reading about that. Sounds like that thing needs to go, ASAP

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanside78 View Post
    Ahhh There's a button on the dash. It's under the heater controls.

As I said before, you can just unplug the EGR and the flapper for now. You'll have a check engine light. Live with it as you move forward.

If it's been in there all the trucks life, chances are you'll have to do some intake cleaning with some Sea Foam. It's no big deal. Once you do that, the air flow will do the rest

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Good stuff, thanks. Should I go ahead and seafoam it now?

Also, thinking I should flush all fluids. Is there a "go-to" for coolant/oil/trans? It hits 110* here so I want to make sure this thing is prepped for summer

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I put a capacities list for our trucks on here somewhere... As for the seafoam, honestly chances are all its going to do is make a mess of your intake and grid heater. I tried a couple doses of it but when I pulled my intake off about a week after it still looked like someone poured soggy cocoa puffs in there. I was taking all that crap off so I took the intake horn to the machine shop and had them open it up a bit, that way I didn't have to chisel all that gunk out

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast