Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Installing pressure gauge with AirDog

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Installing pressure gauge with AirDog

I have the AirdogII 165 installed and just wondering how or where I stick the pressure sensor that came with my Edge? And what should I be pushing for PSI?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

It has the stock VP44 by the way.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

When all else fails, read the instructions.

It's an airdog. Who knows. There should be a fitting which is on the VP44 with a pipe plug on it. Or it came with the Edge. Best place to put that is at the VP44.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Installing pressure gauge with AirDog

There is no factory fitting on the VP that has a place to read fuel pressure. If your lines still run fuel through the factory canister you can install the sensor in the canister if you unscrew the Schrader valve. If the lines go straight from the VP hopefully they included a tapped fitting, if not you can buy a pushlock splice fitting that has an 1/8" NPT port from Vulcan Performance

Stock overflow valve opens at 14psi to recirculate fuel, which cools the VP, so I like to keep pressure above 14psi at all times. I try not to go any higher than 20psi. You should not be dropping more than a couple psi from idle to full throttle/load

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I used a tapped banjo bolt from BD power

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    There is no factory fitting on the VP that has a place to read fuel pressure. If your lines still run fuel through the factory canister you can install the sensor in the canister if you unscrew the Schrader valve. If the lines go straight from the VP hopefully they included a tapped fitting, if not you can buy a pushlock splice fitting that has an 1/8" NPT port from Vulcan Performance

Stock overflow valve opens at 14psi to recirculate fuel, which cools the VP, so I like to keep pressure above 14psi at all times. I try not to go any higher than 20psi. You should not be dropping more than a couple psi from idle to full throttle/load
    I know. I wrote that wrong. I meant to say it would have come with the Edge or the air Dog kits. Most likely the Edge pressure gauge attachment

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for your help everybody. Im hoping to get it done this weekend.

8. Thanks K-Sons thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post