Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air in the lines everyday

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Air in the lines everyday

Hey guys, every morning I go out to start my truck up to let it warm up i gotta crank it and hold down the throttle half way cause there is air in the lines. I have checked all my fittings from the tank to the injection pump and all the injector lines and none of them are leaking. Also recently i just replaced my stock lift pump with a airdog frrp thinking it was the pump and it is still doing it. For the life of me i cannot figure out how air is getting into the system overnight. its strange though how it only happens when it hasn't been started for a while and the engine is cold. if anyone has any suggestion it would be a big help.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

check any o-rings for damage or maybe any ORB fittings that have the o-ring ,,,if the o-ring is damaged it will still draw air in the line .....?? just a thought

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's allot of air

You have any splits in the lines between the pump and the tank? Maybe a bad draw straw? Hpw is it when the tank is full?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

What year?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

draw straw could be for sure .......pullin air in from the grommet

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Nahh Dave.

The grommet doesn't mean anything. That's just to keep the weather out. The hose connections are what counts. As a matter of fact, mine split and leaked water. I was able to smear RTV all over it to prevent any more leaks of rain. Someday they'll make a bigger tank for a quad short bed and I'll have an excuse to fix it right.

I don't know what his set up looks like. But any air he's getting would have to from the suction side. If it were on the pressure side it would leak fuel.

Sre you sure the injector pump is good? May not be air

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

what if the fuel filter cannister is getting air in there?? its right beside the engine on the drivers side theres a oring in the cap....

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

im just weighing all options ,,i have the same truck right here ,,,i went out to look for any possibalitys

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey guys thanks for the help. Its an 01 quad shortbed 6 speed. It does it all the time no matter how much fuel is in the tank. Once the engine has sat running for about 5 mins its runs perfect. I don't think its the injection pump cause i replaced it 6 months ago. i'm gonna check all my lines again today and see if i can find anything.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

ya ,,evan if u can check the airdog real good around the fittings on the intake and discharge ,,make sure the water seperator is closed good n tight also ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast