Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a chevy. LOL

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need help with a chevy. LOL

I know it's not a cummins but I got a friends 2000 Chevy 4.3l in my drive way it just had a full tuneup and a new distributor about two weeks ago cuz it was stalling and running ruff now doing it again while it was running I hit the wires to the tps and it hesitate and stalled now it won't run dose it sound like wiring problem or the tps. Any help would b great thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Can you extract the codes?

I'm thinking more crank sensor. The fuel pump is running?

On the Dodges, if there is no fuel (obviously) Speed sensor on the trans, or crank sensor, it just aint gonna run. This is a GM so it could be something more.

When the dist was put in, was the rotor changed? They had a tendancy of burning through the middle

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Don't have a way to check codes yes fuel pump is working yes ,wires,plugs,cap,rotor, distributor,fuel filter, coil were replaced. Was running when he came over I hit the tps wire it hesitated and died now it won't run.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

the key thing dont work on that truck to check codes??

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That I don't know I'll have to try it.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

just saying cause it still works for the 2000-and up on the dodge gas or dsl

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

We're swapping info tonight. Heh Tit for Tat. LOL

I don't know if there are wiring issues with the Chebbies or not. Nut chack that harness. You may have to slit it open. I think Auto Zone rents scanners. Check that out. I know you can go there and they will read the codes. What ever you do though, don't ask for anything odd ball! If it's not in the pooter, forget it. At least here it's like that.

See I don't know it the Chevy requires the TPS to run or not. It controls the engine speed, and of course makes other functions respond too. What else is connected in the piece of harness?

Have you tried the Chebby forums yet?

Left a comment on 911 for more info

BTW Rob, I read you initial questions several times. I think I was close. When you read 911, you'll know what I'm driving at

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I believe the OBDII is the only way on a chevy

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yea I'll have to get a scanner the key trick don't work on the newer ones. Thanks for the help guys.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

ODP II was mandated by the Environmental Pain A$$ in 1995 Can Buss was nandated in 2006.

Can Buss isn't new. I was programing that stuff for robotics 30 years ago. You could run these trucks on a PLC if you wanted too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast