Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn Signals blinking fast

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Turn Signals blinking fast

2006 Ram 2500. I had a taillight out and replaced it with an LED bulb and the next morning on the way to work my left blinker started blinking fast and the rear left wasnt blinking. Checked all fuses that I could think would have anything to do with blinkers and replaced all three bulbs in both tail lights. Still no blinker. Got out the fluke meter and we had no power to the left blinker but we had left turn power at the trucks trailer wiring harness. I ran a jumper from the trailer wiring to my taillight, still blinks fast but it blink . Few days later the right does the same thing. So now I got both sides blinking fast and jumpers ran on both sides and it's really getting annoying. Anyone have any insight? Did that LED bulb possibly burn something up?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

not sure I understand what went on. What did you replace all the bulbs with? Bulbs or LED's

Canbuss requires resistors for LED's. You can get Canbuss LED bulbs.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I originally put in a LED bulb, that's when my problem started occurring. Now I have all normal bulbs in the taillights

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You have LED's in the front too?

@Tabaka11

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No just replaced one taillight bulb with an LED bulb because I had a tail light out
    @Polaraco

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I know you won't like this but. . . .

Disconnect the batteries for 10 minutes and see what happens. I have fuses for each corner light in my 03, but I doubt it.

You have a bulb out light at all?

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The batteries were disconnected for a while when I put on the new cylinder head. No I've replaced every single bulb in the truck. And every fuse that sounds like it would have anything to do with lights

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I know this may sound dumb, but try reversing the bulbs.

Have you had the batteries disconnected since this problem started?

It's not seeing enough resistance. That's what causes that

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Okay I will try that. Yes this actually happened a while ago I just have been so tied up with other problems. I just don't get why there's power going to the 4 prong trailer harness but not to the taillight. A guy at an accessory shop was saying that there's something in the steering column for the blinkers and that the LED bulb shorted something

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

The turn signal switch would only cause the light not to work. Mostly in a single tail bulb system.

You didn't do any damage unless you used CanBus bulbs. If you did, you may have screwed up your body computer. I don't know where that is on your truck, nut the early 3rd gens are on the fuse box under the hood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast