Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on my 2014, unlocked, deleted and fun stuff installed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Update on my 2014, unlocked, deleted and fun stuff installed

Finally made it home and installed all my parts! Needless to say I don't have the same truck anymore, she runs completely different! Full 4" exhaust installed, AFE cold air intake, unlocked with a bully dog tuner and installed EFIbyRyan. I still can't believe the difference, sounds and runs like a diesel should now. If anybody has any questions feel free to post in this thread, that's why i'm making it!

2. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Congrats!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks Cummins118 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nice!!! Glad you are having good luck with EFI!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Power247 thanks buddy!

7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins118 View Post
    Finally made it home and installed all my parts! Needless to say I don't have the same truck anymore, she runs completely different! Full 4" exhaust installed, AFE cold air intake, unlocked with a bully dog tuner and installed EFIbyRyan. I still can't believe the difference, sounds and runs like a diesel should now. If anybody has any questions feel free to post in this thread, that's why i'm making it!

Have you noticed any noticeable gains in mpg? Been thinking about doing this on my 2015 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425699274.690758.jpg already have the efi live that i program my 07 Duramax with. Definitely impressed with what it done to it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425699425.485368.jpg

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spikew919 View Post
    Have you noticed any noticeable gains in mpg? Been thinking about doing this on my 2015 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425699274.690758.jpg already have the efi live that i program my 07 Duramax with. Definitely impressed with what it done to it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425699425.485368.jpg
    Absolutely, it's very hard to lose those gains though with how snappy the throttle hits now and with actually being able to hear the exhaust! I went from an average of 14 city to about 17-18 and an average of 17 hwy to about 24!

9. Likes Spikew919, Rockwerx liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I just purchased a 2014 Ram3500. I am looking for a tuner I can use now and do the deletes, intake, exhaust, etc. later. Did you use the bully dog triple dog? I have read that it does not work without the factory emissions stuff. Any further details would be appreciated.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by S2rtodd View Post
    I just purchased a 2014 Ram3500. I am looking for a tuner I can use now and do the deletes, intake, exhaust, etc. later. Did you use the bully dog triple dog? I have read that it does not work without the factory emissions stuff. Any further details would be appreciated.
    You buy the triple dog gt and the bully dog 13-14 Cummins unlock cable. I can't remember step by step instructions but you do the ecm unlock with the bully dog. Once the ECM is unlocked you return your bully dog tuner back to stock and then use your EFI autocal and upload the Stock Deleted tune into your ECM, also unplug your throttle body valve. I went with EFIBYRYAN from Hard Way Performance. Once the tune is uploaded you then hook your autocal up to your computer and upload the tune you want into the autocal. Mine came with 3 tunes without transmission tuning and 3 tunes with transmission tuning. Load the tune you've selected into your ECM. I then installed an AFE intake with the cover to allow more air flow, it mounts into the stock air box. I then took off the stock exhaust and installed straight pipe. Once installed, turn your key on and enjoy! It's also okay to scream like a little girl with excitement! Everything you purchase will have step by step instructions as well.

12. Likes Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick response. I want to take advantage of the tunner while I still have my warranty but get the right one for the future. Truck has about 1700 miles on it now so want to be able to remove if I have to and then release the full potential like you did. So tunner now and exhaust, CAI, deletes etc. later.

14. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by S2rtodd View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I want to take advantage of the tunner while I still have my warranty but get the right one for the future. Truck has about 1700 miles on it now so want to be able to remove if I have to and then release the full potential like you did. So tunner now and exhaust, CAI, deletes etc. later.
    In case you did not know, adding a tuner to your truck will void the warranty. That being said, deleting the emissions will make your truck many times more reliable if you don't go with a super hot tune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast