Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on my 2014, unlocked, deleted and fun stuff installed

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by S2rtodd View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I want to take advantage of the tunner while I still have my warranty but get the right one for the future. Truck has about 1700 miles on it now so want to be able to remove if I have to and then release the full potential like you did. So tunner now and exhaust, CAI, deletes etc. later.
    Talk to your dealership before you tune! Even running emissions compliant tunes I've heard of a few that will still void warranty simply because it shows up that you tuned the truck.. I've only heard of a few doing it, the closest one to me was that way too, that's why I just said screw it and deleted mine with only 40k on the odometer.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the information.\

I understand the issues of dealerships and warranties. I asked today when I went in to pick up my second key that I did not receive at the time of purchase about tuners and the warranty. The last time I was in he (Service Rep) told me that if I put in an aftermarket air filter, like a K&N, that Cummins wants them to report it and that it will void the warranty. Today I asked if I installed a tuner but removed it prior to servicing or repairs would it be detectible and he said yes because of the sophistication of the systems and software in the truck and the tools that the dealer uses that it will show up. He also said that when they are running certain diagnostics that the tool/system they use is connected to the internet and forwarding info to both Cummings and Chrysler. He also told me that Chrysler will take any opportunity they can to deny your warranty claim if possible. Bottom line, according to the service rep, is Chrysler will say whatever you did or modified is what caused the issue whether it did or not and you would have to pay for repairs unless you can prove otherwise. Unless you have both the time and the money to debate the issue is unlikely. He also said that in one case he observed that the Chrysler rep would not allow them to preform warranty work on a truck until it was put back into stock configuration even though the issue was clearly production related problem. I am not an expert in this stuff but simply relaying what I have been told by the local dealer. This may all be B.S. but like I said I am just relaying what I was told in an effort that it may help others make their own decision or at least know what questions to ask.

I used to perform all of the maintenance, services, tune ups, etc. on all my Ducati’s without issue but these trucks are another matter. Still learning in this department. I am sure I have the skills, tools, etc. to do the job but am still debating due to the warranty issue.

Thanks again for all the info and help.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Update

Here is a video update on my 2014!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12