Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Waxing with new fuels and Bio Fuel. FASS has an explanation and a fix

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

That's cool. My home grown is working the same way. But then again, I built mine in September.

It was really easy. A block of aluminum, 2- glow plugs for a VW Rabbit Diesel, a 170*F thermostat, a shut off valve and a few fittings. I had the drill, but needed to buy a tap. What I did the other guy didn't do was not drill all the way through to the fluid chamber. There is a taber on the end of the glow plug, so I used the taper of the drill to let it seal. As insurance, I used a thin coat of RTV on the flare. The longer the truck runs the warmer the block gets. But I found 1 glow plug wasn't enough, so I installed a 2nd.

You still need to treat the fuel.

Funny you brought this up when you did. I was just talking about this in another thread.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, stryker04cummins liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I switched to Howes this year, have a few friends that it's worked well for. Been using it religiously since the temp went under 30's just in case.

Glad the dyi one is working out! I planned on giving it a shot but never got around to it.. sounds like it works real well. Haven't people done that type of set up with their oil as well? I may try for that since I run the same oil year round.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12