Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Bed liner

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Bed liner

Just saw a truck that had a spray on bed liner all over his truck. The whole outside was covered in the stuff. Looked rugged. Is this a common thing and are there any strong reasons to not do this?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Toocrude View Post
    Just saw a truck that had a spray on bed liner all over his truck. The whole outside was covered in the stuff. Looked rugged. Is this a common thing and are there any strong reasons to not do this?
    besides the rugged cool factor, some guys believe that it protects and prevents rust. If it was sprayed on since new I'd say it probably protects it (to a point) just like it does in your bed.Then you you have guys that spray it to hide body work

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Wouldn't it be easier to just buff out the scratches?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Wees in on something there. He could have thought it would be cool, or he wanted some additional dent protection, hide the scratches, prevent scratches. Who knows.

Unless it is thick, it won't do much for dent protection. . .

Who knows. They're among us

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I look at an 03 before a bought my that had the ned liner from the crease down it looked nice however when i crawled under i noticed he did not spray under neath and rust was showing its ugly head (after loosing my last truck rust i was taking no chances) so you have to wonder what else is he hiding

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Eastwood.com makes a great rust converter. I spray the whole frame with it. You can paint over it. Have used it for several years now. Pricy, but great stuff. Apply it with a spray bottle and air dry. Water soluble. That stuff changes how you approach rust

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Eastwood.com great products

Gary

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The thing with bed liners sprayed on the trucks outside panels, it does look cool at first. However, it tends to fade and get spots on it depending on the type of mud/dirt that gets in there. If it's got no UV coating, it fades and looks like crap.

I think it would be very hard to trade in or sell down the road.

9. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, fourteen liked this post