Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Single steps or step rails

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Single steps or step rails

Hey how's it going. Looking to do something for the truck it's a 2015 ram 2500 mega cab. I need either single side step bars or a side rail. The thing is I don't want something huge and bulky like I feel the n fabs are that's why I'm looking at the single step bars. Anyone know any good slim rail systems or the single steps that are reliable and mount to the frame and not the rocker panel. Half the ones I see mount to the rocker right on the pinch well and that is not a very sturdy spot as all of you know. I just did a 2.5 leveling kit and now it's kinda a pain to get in and out of and I can see the leather seat on the left side of my driver seat from me getting in and out is starting to take a beating and the truck is brand new. Please help with suggestions

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Truck looks good with a level! Mine came with the factory step bars but if money was no object I would get Amp steps. I love the look of a truck with no step bars.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

yeah I really don't want them but I'm in the marines and when I'm in service or dress uniform it's a pain in the *** to get in and out of it plus my girl is short and struggles getting in and out of it. I'll Try and post pictures later with the leveling kit

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

They are pricey but go with the amp research electronic steps. They fold up underneath and keep that clean look, until you open a door and need them they come down

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have the amp steps on mine. One of the best investments I could have done to it.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

seen alot of issues with amp steps up here got a new set of set bars coming for the ford and they are frame mounted from Tough country