Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Injector Problems.... What's the best after market injectors for the money?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Injector Problems.... What's the best after market injectors for the money?

I have a 06 with 140k on it has a bad injector looking to get new ones from Dynamite Diesel Performance, 50 horse over. I have afe intake, 4 inch exhaust, boost fooler and a deablo sport predator programer that is always on the 100 horse setting. Will these work good with what I have? Also was wondering why these trucks have this problem with injectors going out. Thanks

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

This is a job for @AccurateDiesel.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Thank you for bringing us in. To answer the question regarding the failure rate on these injectors, I would say that almost without question the #1 cause of failure on these injectors is contamination. Fuel quality varies a lot, and the filtration system on these trucks is woefully inadequate. Some of the best money you will spend is on additional filtration! We can save you enough money on a set of injectors that you can buy an AirDog or FASS type system with additional filtration and still have money left over. The 50 HP injectors are a great all-around injectors - the best of both worlds and will work fine with the mechanical mods you have made. I don't have enough experience with the Diablo tuner to say how well it interfaces with 50's on the 100HP level, but I am sure someone else can chime in with some figures. I will PM with some prices. Happy to discuss further.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Alright, thanks for the info! I bought the truck with 121k so its hard to say what the previous maintenance was seeing how it came from TX and I live in WI. Was considering the Fass or air dog. What is better in your opinion?

7. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

No problem! Guys and Gals have strong opinions both ways on the AirDog / FASS question. Both are good products. I favor the AirDog.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Tim and I differ on the choice of pumps. I prefer the FASS. I had some serious issues with an AirDog which cost me a set of injectors. They wouldn't take any ownership of the problem. The fuel filters rusted up in 3 months and it passed to my injectors. 6.7's aren't cheap.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I second the choice of a fass. As far as injectors go, I loved my exergys, they were worth every penny

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Check out our sponsor vendor @AccurateDiesel That's mostly what he does. Fuel systems

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #9
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Get yourself a 3 micron fuel filter.

12. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post