Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it a bad injector

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok thanks, just wondering cause instructions shows running a new fuel line all the way up with provided hose and fittings. the kit that came with it has everything to run new lines form one end to the other.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Ok thanks, just wondering cause instructions shows running a new fuel line all the way up with provided hose and fittings. the kit that came with it has everything to run new lines form one end to the other.
    Yupper. As simple as the instructions make it seem it really is that simple. Hardest part is figuring out where to mount the pump. Quick tip tho. It was easier for me to lift the bed than to drop the tank. Or if budget allows I recommend a sump as opposed to the draw straw.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Yupper. As simple as the instructions make it seem it really is that simple. Hardest part is figuring out where to mount the pump. Quick tip tho. It was easier for me to lift the bed than to drop the tank. Or if budget allows I recommend a sump as opposed to the draw straw.
    Yes Drew is right. The only reason I cut the bed is because I'm too old, it was cold and I was in a hurry. It's Tank to FASS to CP3. I mounted my on the trans cross member. But I have a RWD. You might have the room there. Just make sure the return line has room

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks it seems like that makes it alot easier, it's a 4x4. The mounting bracket that comes with it puts it on the outside the frame rail by the spring with adjustments up,down forward and back so we'll see. The tank will have to come down cause I have a gang box, head ache, and lights and antennas. When its done I'll get some pics

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks it seems like that makes it alot easier, it's a 4x4. The mounting bracket that comes with it puts it on the outside the frame rail by the spring with adjustments up,down forward and back so we'll see. The tank will have to come down cause I have a gang box, head ache, and lights and antennas. When its done I'll get some pics
    I've got a in bed tool box, and thought all the suggested locations were too low. Didn't like the filters hanging down below the body and frame. I bolted mine up thru the bed in the corner. Still easy to get to but protected. Tool box covers the bolts

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

FYI The fleetguard filter replacement is shorter than the FASS original. Then the filters are above the frame line with those.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for info all has been very helpful.

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

One other question where did you find the cross reference for the fleetguard or do you know them. (FS1001 and FWS3003) is the fass numbers.

9. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

One other question where did you find the cross reference for the fleetguard or do you know them. (FS1001 and FWS3003) is the fass numbers.
    The fuel Fass comes with a little book that tells you the service intervals, filter cross reference etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123