Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it a bad injector

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I hope that's all it is, rather a pump then injectors. I have another week at work then back home and try and figure this out. I'll update when I figure what it is doing this and working nights it's hard to get anything done on your time off.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I hope that's all it is, rather a pump then injectors. I have another week at work then back home and try and figure this out. I'll update when I figure what it is doing this and working nights it's hard to get anything done on your time off.
    I hear ya. I'm on nights myself so know exactly how difficult it is to find the time to do anything.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok hear we go, heard from the mechanic today about the truck, he only got to act up twice. So he said that all the pressures looked good even when it acted up. Show all the pumps are working.

The only thing he said was that the pump in the tank ran alot longer then it was suppose to. He even got another mechanic to come look at it and it acted up again, feels like it's running out fuel but all the gauges and pressures look great. they both think that it could be the lift pump. They said it could be running but might not have enough volume.... Any other ideas.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

They could be right. When you changed the filter, did you see any metal shavings in it?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nope, no metal. He seems to think it's might be getting hot an shutting off for a bit. He also called some CAT mechanics that he knows and they all are scratching their heads as well. Cause when you get into it when it's acting up it doesn't fall on its face.
    So I ordered a FASS lift pump anyway we are going to put that on and see what happens. It needed the extra filters anyway...

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Good move

Which pump did you get? 95 or 150?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I got the 95 they say it's good up to 600 hp an I'm nowhere that just a little over stock . The only thing is I got the model for 2005 cause it has the suction kit with it. My truck was retrofitted with the tank pump.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's ok, the difference was that bad. I do have one question, did you by pass the stock fuel filter and went strieght to the injection pump. I f you did it, did remove the filter housing and lines.

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    That's ok, the difference was that bad. I do have one question, did you by pass the stock fuel filter and went strieght to the injection pump. I f you did it, did remove the filter housing and lines.
    Yupper, bypass stock filter. Mine is a 6.7 so had to get a "filter delete" which kept return flow going thru stock lines. Not sure if you'll need that or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast