Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: No rack travel

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No rack travel

I'm doing a ppump swap in my 24v and I'm getting a dead rack. I'm not sure how long the pump sat before I got it. I've taken the dvs out and put some lube down the holes and also taken the rack plug out and put some lube down the rack and still no movement. Should I just let it set for a day and let the lube set in. The motor it's going on is coming next week and I want this done so I can get it the truck back on the road. Any ideas are welcome.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

The fuel shut-down solenoid needs to be in the up/on position in order for the rack to move when you move the throttle lever. If the rack still won't move, I suggest you send it off to a reputable pump shop. In my experience, even if you free-up the rack, it will be a ticking time bomb that will hang up again in the near future. If it still has a little movement, some lube and working the throttle while turning the pump over to different cam positions can make it free enough to run fine. But if the rack is 100% stuck, the damage is usually done and the pump needs to be torn down, inspected, and repaired.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's been rebuilt already thanks!

-Brandon

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Steve - Thank you - Unfortunately, at this time we are not set up to service the P7100