Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else purchase EFI for the 13-14 4th gens?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Anybody else purchase EFI for the 13-14 4th gens?

I just ordered mine and I can barely contain my excitement! I'm just wondering if anyone else ordered one!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Congrats man!! I am sure you are going to love how your truck runs once it is all set up.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Cummins118 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins118 View Post
    I just ordered mine and I can barely contain my excitement! I'm just wondering if anyone else ordered one!

eelout:
    Congrats!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Thanks Cummins118 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I was looking at buying it and according to their website delete is not yet available and may only be available for those outside the US. I will more than likely end up going with a raceme to do the delete and tune. Congrats and let us know how you like it.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatsthehassle View Post
    I was looking at buying it and according to their website delete is not yet available and may only be available for those outside the US. I will more than likely end up going with a raceme to do the delete and tune. Congrats and let us know how you like it.
    Which website do you speak of?

Go to http://hardwayperformance.com/custom...g-package.html

You unlock your ECM with the unlock cable and tuner provided by Bully Dog, second you upload the stock delete tune into your truck from the autocal, after, you pick the performance tune you want and upload it to your truck. As far as an EGR delete kit and stuff they are out, but with this you simply just unhook the DPF and unplug the throttle valve.

10. Thanks whatsthehassle thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Straight from EFI Lives webpage. As of 01-28-2015.
    http://www.efilive.com/latest/2010-1...c-pre-release/

If I misread it, then it's a happy misunderstanding as there is a shop in my area that can do the tuning.

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@whatsthehassle I can see what you are saying with the article there, but the companies that have the autocals out require the removal of emissions items after installation of the tunes.. All I know is I've talked personally with some people and I know you may delete the 4th gens with the new autocals.

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sorry I should be more clear, you don't have to remove them completely but you must disconnect them. You do have to change out your exhaust though, such as myself, i'm personally deleting the cat and installing a high flow muffler..

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

That's good news for me then. I will just have to go to my local diesel shop and tell them to take my money. He quoted around 500 for the dyno tune and I already have the exhaust and egr delete kit. Thanks for the information.

15. Likes Cummins118 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatsthehassle View Post
    Straight from EFI Lives webpage. As of 01-28-2015.
    http://www.efilive.com/latest/2010-1...c-pre-release/

If I misread it, then it's a happy misunderstanding as there is a shop in my area that can do the tuning.
    It's a CYA thing on EFI's part. By them saying you cant, (and how they send them to the programmer you cant) allows them to stay in the good graces of the EPA. Now, once it gets to the programmer there's a few tricks to disable emissions programming and voila! It's now a delete capable programmer and EFI is still in business.

17. Thanks Cummins118, K-Sons thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins118, K-Sons liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast