Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Same Question, 4 Answers

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

1. EFI live tuning with 5 position switch is, and has been available for your truck for some time now.
    2. DON'T just change tips or buy off the shelf aftermarket injectors! Pull them and send them out to a reputable company like Exergy Performance where they can be flowed, balanced, and returned to you at your desired HP level.
    3. Custom tuning is only as good as the person writing the tunes, do some research and choose someone that has a proven track record for clean tuning that still makes power.....Google is your friend here.
    4. EGT's, while towing, shouldn't be a problem, even if you go with 90HP injectors and keep your stock turbo. The best tool for keeping temperature's in check is your right foot.

Good luck!

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Purn I'm sure you know 100 times more than I do about our power plants but a little concerned about the 90hp injectors being safe with a stock turbo while towing. I have no proof other than everyone else said don't do it.
    Thanks everyone for your knowledge and help. Have decided to go with 50s and Ray is checking on some things for me on the EFI LIVE.

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    Purn I'm sure you know 100 times more than I do about our power plants but a little concerned about the 90hp injectors being safe with a stock turbo while towing. I have no proof other than everyone else said don't do it.
    Thanks everyone for your knowledge and help. Have decided to go with 50s and Ray is checking on some things for me on the EFI LIVE.
    If you pay attention and watch your right foot (like Purn was saying) yes the 90 overs can be safe. But you have to be right there watching it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123