Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Review.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    ok I made it to 5:18 and it was to painful to watch

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I had time to kill, I watched the hole video. It reminded me of a terrible movie that you can't turn off. And you set there, saying why am I watching this stupid movie??? Just..... Someone turn it off

3. Thanks K-Sons thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Attention grabbing video if you don't know any better...

This may be a topic for a rant thread, but it behooves me why guys want so bad to modify a crankcase ventilation system. Using the vacuum from the air intake to ventilate the crankcase is a good thing. Guys freak out if their turbo sucks in a minute amount of crankcase oil and disconnect the system and ventilate into the atmosphere. Don't do that! The negative pressure applied to the crankcase helps maintain seal around all the gaskets and seals. It also can improve piston ring seal. That guy obviously completely choked his crankcase ventilation and blew the pan gasket...lucky that's all he done!

Let me just add this. If a person is concerned about oil being sucked into the intake from the crankcase ventilation system...just install a flow through oil catch can into the plumbing of it so that the oil can be caught but doesn't interfere with the vacuum applied to the crankcase.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks K-Sons, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes TexNeck liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Attention grabbing video if you don't know any better...

This may be a topic for a rant thread, but it behooves me why guys want so bad to modify a crankcase ventilation system. Using the vacuum from the air intake to ventilate the crankcase is a good thing. Guys freak out if their turbo sucks in a minute amount of crankcase oil and disconnect the system and ventilate into the atmosphere. Don't do that! The negative pressure applied to the crankcase helps maintain seal around all the gaskets and seals. It also can improve piston ring seal. That guy obviously completely choked his crankcase ventilation and blew the pan gasket...lucky that's all he done!

Let me just add this. If a person is concerned about oil being sucked into the intake from the crankcase ventilation system...just install a flow through oil catch can into the plumbing of it so that the oil can be caught but doesn't interfere with the vacuum applied to the crankcase.
    Well said Ray

Better yet, leave it the F&^% alone. The factory has it figured out.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks DRD, K-Sons, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes RezStyle Cummins liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Kind of a bad picture because of the sun but I though it was funny. " here we have a baby diesel with her tow mirrors up and nothing be hind her. Trying to be all grown up".

9. Thanks K-Sons, Power247, RezStyle Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

Re: 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Review.

I bought the 2015 1500 ego. My wife started to drive it more then me and she said go buy something bigger.

I am having issues with it. The egr failed at 83000 miles. My mpg went from 25 to 26 mpg avg to 20mpg avg.

I have the 4 year unlimited mile Warranty, so I haven't deleted it yet. Well and I'm not sure the tunes are up to par with the Cummins tunes.

I know that the intake had to be just nasty.

I know this is kind of off topic because you asked about the review, but here is what happened.

The dealership is Flagstaff, AZ broke the connects to 2 wiring harnesses that connect into a box just under the driver side front door. I have no idea what it is for yet.

This cause several issues including a ground fault. The display would wig out while the back up cam was on. There was a lot of power loss and the mpg went to CRAP.

I told the dealer for months all winter that something was wrong. I was told that it was because of the winter fuel. Okay but I didn't have this issue the first winter.

After around 6 month and 3 trips to the dealership a dude tells me that they zipped tied these wires and it should come loose again. 2 days later my wife is passing doing 80 and it down shifts the speed drops to 60 causing her seat belt to lockup and she almost had a head-on accident.

She drove it to Farmington NM dealer right then. The next day I was told that the connects where broke.

She gets it back a week later starts to drive home the that dang light goes off again. She drives it back and we find out that the EGR is clogged.

This truck is a good truck but now it is not the same truck at all. I have no idea how to fix what is happening or to even find out what the total damage that has been done.

Maybe this should be in the Rant. This video has stressed me out. LOL
    Why in the world would that dude do something to his diesel truck based on something he did to a gas truck? I mean you can search Google and You tube but my god make changes based on something that has been done by someone who knows what's going on.

If going so far off topic is a big no no sorry. I had just forgotten about this until the video reminded me of this nightmare.

Don't Stress

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12