Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where to mount a phone cradle

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Where to mount a phone cradle

Alright ya'll, I know this is going to be alot on preference as far as where you like it, what's "in the way" or too far away... but I just recently got the wilson cradle to go along with the cell booster I've had. Currently mounted on the air vent just to the drivers side of the radio, but... once this summer hits and I'm wanting to run my A/C I'm not sure I want that vent blocked off. This mount comes with the vent attachment, on large sticky plate, a small sticky/screw down mount plate and suction cup with long flexible arm. Truck is a 09 with manual trans, electronic tcase. Mini Maxx is mounted on the pillar. Any ideas?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I have mine mounted on the dash just left of center over the radio. In easy reach when I need it and easy to see when using google maps for nav.

On a side note, I really need to upgrade my map lights to LED

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

As for upgrading map lights, mine need it too! As for phone mount, mine is a 3rd Gen so my dash kinda bubbles up right there above the radio. No good surface. That and after playing around with the mount, it wouldn't support being placed horizontal and allow the phone anywhere near vertical... so I moved my CB mic holder that was just to the right of the tcase selector and mounted the cradle there. Thanks for the input

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Doh! I totally forgot you had a 3rd gen. Sounds like you got it worked out though. My buddy has a 3rd gen. I will see what he did for his when I see him this weekend.

Greg

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Here's where it ended up

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That looks like a good spot. Out of the way but still easily accessible.

Greg