Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Windshield Washer Low Warning Light. 4 Reasons

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Windshield Washer Low Warning Light. 4 Reasons

I did some research on the low washer fluid light and got it all narrowed down too. The dealer has seen this numerous times in all models

1. ICE
    2. Bad Sensor
    3. Fault in wiring
    4. RainX Washer fluid and some "cheap" fluids.

Apparently these sensors don't like the RainX

It's all logic, but I don't quite understand what's with the fluid.

Make sure you use the -32*F fluids.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2
    The wax in rainX coats the sensor and makes it sink. Switch to another fluid and run a tank or 2 through and it will come back.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for taking the time to do the research. I'm tired of mine going off. Just trying to use up all my rain x.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    The wax in rainX coats the sensor and makes it sink. Switch to another fluid and run a tank or 2 through and it will come back.
    That's what I thought too, but I didn't want to say anything. I've shoved my size 11 in my mouth too many times lately

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That's what I thought too, but I didn't want to say anything. I've shoved my size 11 in my mouth too many times lately
    Well hopefully we both are correct. It does leave a waxy film that other fluids don't have in common. The cheap blue stuff washes it off. The green rainX is fine IN THE SUMMER!! It's +32*.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post