Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Delete and Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2013-2014 Delete and Tuning

Apparently it has been announced that the deletes to finally allow us newer 4th gen owners finally do the modifications we've been waiting for. Bully Dog has released a tuner and unlock cable for the 13-14 cummins. Hardway Performance has announced that they have an EFIBYRYAN Autocal Pre-loaded with the calibrations necessary to remotely flash your ECM allowing us to do the modifications. I was just wondering if anyone on the forums has pre-ordered one or know somebody who has.. I just want to know because I'm looking at buying the stuff when I get home from my deployment! Anybody with information, post away!

http://hardwayperformance.com/featur...g-package.html

10598647_1466718206911307_1847950065_n.jpg

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Thanks Calibrated Addiction thanked for this post
    Likes Calibrated Addiction liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

My 15 is already "modified" with a turbo swap and 5" exhaust.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Rockwerx liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ryan Milliken and Kory Willis have the jump on this. They are big time tuners and have the resources to do stuff I can't do, at least yet anyways. There are a lot of smaller shops out there who are actually selling their products whether they say it or not. I don't know Kory personally but I do know Ryan. I highly respect them both.

EFI has actually said they want it known that they are not offering delete capability in the US with their coming release of the 2010-15 tuning platform and that the delete and trans tuning that has already been put up for sale is something these guys have managed to figure out on their own. EFI has plans to incorporate trans tuning in the platform later on but delete tuning is never going to offered by them here in the US. Ryan and Kory had figured a way through some sort of interface to modify the hard coding of PCM of the 10-15 trucks before EFI ever sent them beta files. They have since taken what they figured out of their own and incorporated in the beta files they have in their possession from EFI. Pretty slick doings on their part and they have the jump on the market. Once EFI gives the release they will be shipping autocals preloaded with some cool stuff.

We, at Double R Diesel, are planning on jumping in this game ourselves in the coming future. I am not ashamed to admit that we are not beta testers for EFI, therefore I haven't and won't be able to see a base file for the 10-15s until they publicly release it. Once they do, my plans is to test it thoroughly on my own 2012 and a couple of 13 - up beta test trucks. Once I'm satisfied that EFI can rival what MCC offers for the 10-12s and the 13 up platform is solid, we will be selling autocals and V2s with EFI tuning...and yes I know for sure that we can delete a 10-12 truck using EFI and probably do a 13 up as well, but we do want to promote emissions friendly tuning more and more as time goes by.

There is alot of things that must evolve with EFI in the coming year and I know things will change rapidly. For one thing, the autocal itself doesn't have enough memory space but for one tune on the 13 up platform. They will likely come up with another tuning device soon. Also there is a shift on the fly tuning platform EFI plans to market later on this year for the 10-15 trucks that will change things up as well. Also transmission tuning is slated to be added as well.

At this time, guys will need a Bully Dog GT tuner just to unlock the PCM on the 13up trucks before EFI can even be used. That's kinda a waisted investment in my eyes...a necessary evil, sorta speak, for the consumer wanting to use EFI on the 13 ups. I'm sure Bully Dog is loving it though because GT tuners just got popular again. I have heard they may offer some sorta device that will be cheaper than buying a GT tuner just for unlocking purposes. EFI has stated they have no plans to make a unlock device on their own...which baffles me.

All this tells me it would be foolish for us a up and growing tuning business to jump in too fast and then have to turn around and rethink everything. My goal is to do it right from the beginning as a tuner and not look back.

Lots of fun stuff coming for the consumer in 2015 for sure! We are indeed excited!

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ryan and kory are not the only ones to with access to the files double r. I am not using efi but I do know that there are several with the capabilities

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, K-Sons thanked for this post
    Likes K-Sons, Rockwerx liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Custom Tuning View Post
    Ryan and kory are not the only ones to with access to the files double r. I am not using efi but I do know that there are several with the capabilities
    That's awesome Terror Custom Tuning! Hope you didn't take my comments as an insult toward you in any ways. The forum administration hit me up on it ,like you for information, and I shared what I knew. I certainly don't know of all the avenues for delete tuning with the up and coming EFI release. I think we all look forward to what is to come but are well aware the future of where diesel tuning is headed with the EPA.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Rockwerx liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

We can't wait for @Terror Custom Tuning to let the cat out of the bag!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Not at all brother but did want to correct that issue. I hope you didn't take my words as hating on those guys. Both are stand up guys.

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    We can't wait for @Terror Custom Tuning to let the cat out of the bag!
    some times it is good to keep under your hat to keep us off the radar as far as it goes for the epa

15. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

17. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast