Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention 2003 owners. I have a queation

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Attention 2003 owners. I have a queation

Hey All you 2003 owners

When you start your 03's in the morning and it rolls up to fast idle, does it sound like the engine is surging up and down?

It doesn't do it in gear and driving at the 1200 RPM speed.

What about later years?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

mine does not surge, do you want a video clip or a call on speaker phone when I leave work?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Can't say I've ever heard mine surge either

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'll get you a short video

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just a hunch, does it seem to do it in time with your grid heater cycling? Had a 97 that wouldn't exactly surge, but would act like it bogged down when heater cycled on, then speed back up when it cycled off

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Just a hunch, does it seem to do it in time with your grid heater cycling? Had a 97 that wouldn't exactly surge, but would act like it bogged down when heater cycled on, then speed back up when it cycled off
    I know some of it is that, yes. But not all. The sequence is pretty rapid

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

what day are you leaving? I might be able to spin by, maybe I will hear something you dont.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Some surge some don't is what I've heard.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

ac compressor kicking on n off? my 04 revs up after a min or so. i can hear a "load" put on the engine when the defrost kicks on n off. along with the gird heaters.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    ac compressor kicking on n off? my 04 revs up after a min or so. i can hear a "load" put on the engine when the defrost kicks on n off. along with the gird heaters.
    That's what I'm thinking. I rarely hear it on fast idle because I don't sit that long

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast