Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Tonneau cover recomendations

1. Top Of Page | #1

Tonneau cover recomendations

I have a extang solid fold now but want something I can leave on and use the entire bed without removal. Also I've seen some solids that lay flat with the bed sides. Are any of these decent? We get wet heavy snow so I'm pretty sure a soft cover wouldn't last long. And I prefer solid anyway. Any recommendations?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Tonneau cover recomendations

I've been considering taking off my cab high shell and getting one of these.

http://lazerlitecovers.com

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes DanO liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I've been considering taking off my cab high shell and getting one of these.

http://lazerlitecovers.com
    Man that looks nice

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've been looking at the tri-folds for my 2013. My biggest concern is I have to keep access to my gooseneck and don't want to completely remove the cover every time

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This is the one I went with, it rolls out of the way and will withstand snow loads. It will lock at any point to remain partially open. A little pricey but for the quality you get it'll last as long as the truck, so you won't be replacing every couple of years.
    http://www.retrax.com/

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

8. Likes aglisson2013 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I had a quad fold installed on my wife truck and found out during the winter, when the snow melts and seeps between the seals it freezes and is hard to open at times.
    Also, the metal is so thin it dents sort of easy.
    In time, I plan of throwing the $800 investment away and getting something else.
    I really like the concept ... but I guess it's called an expensive lessen learned.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    This is the one I went with, it rolls out of the way and will withstand snow loads. It will lock at any point to remain partially open. A little pricey but for the quality you get it'll last as long as the truck, so you won't be replacing every couple of years.
    http://www.retrax.com/
    I definitely like the retrax but DANG the price haha

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aglisson2013 View Post
    I definitely like the retrax but DANG the price haha
    Agreed but you can't beat the versatility and quality.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

12. Likes aglisson2013 liked this post