Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Guy with a "sluggish" turbo

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

I drive the truck casually. Sometimes I'm heavy with the pedal just because I like the feeling! For the purpose of our conversation I drive it casually. Very little idling, just enough to warm the engine before leave. I should point out too that usually I experience this issue before the engine reaches operating temp. All of my miles are either Hwy or just running around town. Thank you guys for the responses!

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Then I would check with the dealer for the ECU updates first. Might be a small glitch.

You can google that too

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh, if you don't already keep your exhaust brake on all the time too. It cycles the vanes in the VGT and helps keep it from sooting up so fast. It might possibly be something as simple as when it's hot outside the vanes are sticking just enough to notice.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Oh, if you don't already keep your exhaust brake on all the time too. It cycles the vanes in the VGT and helps keep it from sooting up so fast. It might possibly be something as simple as when it's hot outside the vanes are sticking just enough to notice.
    Good point. But the vanes would be stuck open, Unless the soot is collecting around the openings. But a few good trips would push that through and get burned off in the cat.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Good point. But the vanes would be stuck open, Unless the soot is collecting around the openings. But a few good trips would push that through and get burned off in the cat.
    Mine stuck closed. Even with my heavy footed driving. Drove to the store, no problems, got halfway back to the house and all of a sudden my truck acted like the EB was on even when I had my foot on the go pedal

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Interesting....... I only use the exhaust brake while towing, which is just in the summer. So would you suggest using the exhaust brake when this happens to help clean out any soot buildup?

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I suggest using it all the time. I keep mine on all the time. That and in the winter if you turn it on when you go out to warm the truck up it'll kick on to help out

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Try running some Sea Foam through it too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12