Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newer tow mirrors

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Newer tow mirrors

I've seen it before so I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how involved it is or how to do it. I want to put the newer style tow mirrors on my truck, and it is one of the ones with power windows so hopefully that makes it easier any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

It may help, but the ones I have are in the door, power. I will definitely need the tow mirrors pulling my trailers and was even considering the style that bolt on the doors

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We have never done this, but maybe someone can chime in for us.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

what year truck!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

look at his signature 93 power wagon

7. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

best thing I can say for a 1st gen is west coast mirrors like the semi's

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@Captainspearchucker92

Your's are probably pedestal mount off the side of the door. That was pretty much the standard back then. I think the West Coast was an option, I can't remember that far back.

I can't see any way of mounting a 2nd or third gen mirror set where they would be practical. You'd have to do some extensive retrofitting on the front of each door and probably special glass. I'm not saying it can't be done. If you decide to do it, maybe pick up a set of junk doors for parts. You'll lose the wing vents because you need a place to bolt too. I would prefer not to see them held on with duct tape. LOL Deal with that 1st gen with reverence.

Why do you want to do this?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@statussymbol
    Please put the year in the body of your message. I didn't see that in your profile. But since I am the one that answers most of these. . . . It's been am epidemic lately. I don't have time to go hunting all over the place or guess. Like the boss, I have to look at every post which is impossible, AND be the front line tech guy. Being a moderator is a B*()*) sometimes.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

15. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thrashingcows View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking of, but I don't want to see the bolts on the inside. At least the vents work that way. Good job Brian!

17. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast